Live Streaming NOW!

Can someone tell me where the step by step instructions are for live streaming from P3 Professional, and do you need to purchase anything additional? The DJI GO app just came out (looks like it upgraded automatically to my iOS devices) and it mentions live streaming as well.

I used my wifi to stream to youtube with 0 video issues.. just disable the 2.4 and conect to the 5.8 and you will be good....

What about the 5.8Ghz used by your TX. Doers it not limit the range of your TX if you also use the 5.8Ghz in Wifi ???
Marnix

This is my second post along with a few others like myself who are looking for a step by step procedure on how to set up everything to live stream with your P3P and have yet to see anything even close. You Tube has no good video's on this subject and DJI sucks when it comes to putting out a definitive video for Live Streaming. I am trying to work with my local law enforcement and be able to show those in charge how this all works but until I can do it myself, I am keeping my mouth shut. So yeah, I need some serious help and consideration. thanks in advance for any help

What about the 5.8Ghz used by your TX. Doers it not limit the range of your TX if you also use the 5.8Ghz in Wifi ???
Marnix
The P3 only uses 2.4Ghz for video and control.... No such a thing as 5.8Ghz on the P3. except for the standard.

Live streaming instructions found here:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, but here is my problem/concern. I live way out in the country and do not have cell phone reception at all. Am I correct in assuming that you must have Cell Phone Reception in order to Live Stream? Here is an example of what I could potentially be facing. Let's say I get a phone call to show up and assist the county Sheriff's Department to do a fly over some property for whatever reason. They want to see what is going on down below but the property is way out in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone reception. Now they have asked that I Live Stream the fly over so that several law enforcement persons can all see the fly over at the same time and in real time. What can I do to accomplish this?
Thanks ever so much for your help.

Well you have some issues to overcome to get this to work

1. You will need to have your streaming device connected to the Internet at speeds fast enough to keep up with a live feed.
a. You are in a remote area that may or may not have cell service
b. If so is the connection fast enough to transmit said feed live
c. If not, then in an emergency situation you will need to locate a nearby residence within the p3's range of the property to fly over and obtain permission to access the Internet and connect your streaming device. May not be possible.

In conclusion, to stream the feed live you obviously need to be connected to the Internet in some way to send the data. There is no other option short of having a military grade drone capable of satellite direct connection . They may just have to settle for a non live feed. In other words fly over the property, return quickly, and upload said footage to YouTube or designated server via a computer already connected. The only other option is for you to install the new hdmi out board, them to be near you during flight, and display the video in a command center to a tv so they can see it. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Last edited:
As iamwood stated in this string, safe compass calibration helps a lot. My p3p went nuts two times in a roll when I calibrated on the street in front of my house. Since then I travel to a empty lot about a mile from my house and do a compass cal. I have flown in front of my house a few dozen times since then and it flew flawlessly.

You got it. Love the shield! But like somebody else here figured out you can't connect any tablet to WiFi to stream because it screw's up the lightbridge feed. You MUST have a tablet with 4g LTE or you are SOL. So everybody with non LTE tablets are screwed.
Hello there,
Thank you for your input...I just wanted to let you know that I livestream to youtube and I do it from a Apple iPad air 2_64g onboard..with out 4g LTE...but I have a hotspot on my verizon motorola droid that I connect with and connect the air 2 to it...my RC is ver_A and I use the hardware decoding in the App...!!! ;-)

Last edited:
Well you have some issues to overcome to get this to work

1. You will need to have your streaming device connected to the Internet at speeds fast enough to keep up with a live feed.
a. You are in a remote area that may or may not have cell service
b. If so is the connection fast enough to transmit said feed live
c. If not, then in an emergency situation you will need to locate a nearby residence within the p3's range of the property to fly over and obtain permission to access the Internet and connect your streaming device. May not be possible.

In conclusion, to stream the feed live you obviously need to be connected to the Internet in some way to send the data. There is no other option short of having a military grade drone capable of satellite direct connection . They may just have to settle for a non live feed. In other words fly over the property, return quickly, and upload said footage to YouTube or designated server via a computer already connected. The only other option is for you to install the new hdmi out board, them to be near you during flight, and display the video in a command center to a tv so they can see it. Perhaps someone else can chime in.
Hello there,
ok ok so here it is: at 0630: cst 08/14/2015...I set up to do some testing on this issue...started by pre flight inspection of craft and support equipment = pass...now the connection via 4g verizon hotspot on my cell = pass...logged on to my youtube page on via the hotspot on Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 8.1 pro and setup to receive live video = pass...now to the app...running on Apple iPad air 2 resting on ver_A RC...loaded settings to force conect to my hot spot = pass...multi task on air 2 to maps loaded that to secure the map for the area as safe to fly = pass...multi task on air 2 to load DJI Go App = pass...multi task on air 2 to settings to verify internet connection on air 2 = fail...this seems to always happen to me when I load the DJI App...as if it was killing my connection...reconnect to hotspot then back to DJI Go App...turn on DJI Phantom 3 pro...warm-up = pass...go thru pre-flight on app = pass...go to live youtube setting in DJI GO App activate basic = pass...auto take off and ran thru my list of testing that included...overexposure = complete underexposure = complete....low level over water = complete...max attitude = complete...distance = complete...landed via auto landing = compleat...note auto take off and landing is not my norm but part of the testing as schedule...the video Linked is in it raw state and is intended to show the video as captured while testing...via equipment listed...as a total end result to live via DJI Go App as listed to initiate discussion on how to and equipment used...!!! ;-)
if this link does not work for you let me know PLEASE...!!!

Link:

Update: youtube did adjust overall lighting automatically...and I put some music to the vid but footage is raw as uploaded to youtube...you can see it has big jumps...but it still worked and gives a baseline to work with...just-say-in

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, but here is my problem/concern. I live way out in the country and do not have cell phone reception at all. Am I correct in assuming that you must have Cell Phone Reception in order to Live Stream? Here is an example of what I could potentially be facing. Let's say I get a phone call to show up and assist the county Sheriff's Department to do a fly over some property for whatever reason. They want to see what is going on down below but the property is way out in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone reception. Now they have asked that I Live Stream the fly over so that several law enforcement persons can all see the fly over at the same time and in real time. What can I do to accomplish this?
Thanks ever so much for your help.
Hello there,
see my post #294...Let me know if that helps or not...!!! ;-)

Can someone tell me where the step by step instructions are for live streaming from P3 Professional, and do you need to purchase anything additional? The DJI GO app just came out (looks like it upgraded automatically to my iOS devices) and it mentions live streaming as well.
Hello there,
Take a look at my post #294...let me know if that helped...!!! ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing