Live feed 'corruption'

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an issue with the live feed to the phone becoming corrupted? Odd, blocky colors, kinda like when you used to turn to the 'special' channels you didn't get on cable as a kid.

It was quite a scare the first time it happened (about a week ago), and it seems to only happen when the unit has been on the ground a while without the motors spinning (such as when I was playing around with the OS yesterday), so I would venture it's heat-related. Strangely, it doesn't seem to affect actual pictures taken; those still come out fine.

So all in all, somewhat of a non-issue, but still curious if anyone has experienced it.

Happens all over the forums... Common when flying far and then returning in to close range... Or like you said... Working with it on the bench... Doesn't effect the video recording or pictures because those go straight to the SD card without being passed thru WiFi connection... As long as you're not getting major freezes or black screen while in flight when you need FPV... Consider it a non issue :ugeek:

If you go out of the camera and go back in it usually works.

Saw this today. Video went haywire but telemetry was all there and functioning. Haven't heard yet how his recording turned out. He was close in too when it started.

Mine's done it a couple times (and is very brief - not more than a few seconds), but it doesn't come through on the video file, just the live video to the iPad.

Morgon said:
Has anyone ever had an issue with the live feed to the phone becoming corrupted? Odd, blocky colors, kinda like when you used to turn to the 'special' channels you didn't get on cable as a kid.

It was quite a scare the first time it happened (about a week ago), and it seems to only happen when the unit has been on the ground a while without the motors spinning (such as when I was playing around with the OS yesterday), so I would venture it's heat-related. Strangely, it doesn't seem to affect actual pictures taken; those still come out fine.

So all in all, somewhat of a non-issue, but still curious if anyone has experienced it.

If the phantom is on the ground with the FPV antennas pointing down then the reception you will get will be heaps poor. Its basically bouncing the signals on the ground and back up to the range extender which is likely pointing up and away from the ground.
The WIFI transmitter is also heat related. For it to operate effectively, the phantom props need to be on to cool the WIFI modular. You'll notice that the transmitters that are over 200miliwatts need fan cooling and a heatsink.
This will only happen to the FPV screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing