Little Planets!

Thanks everyone. I will give it s go.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cloudy day

Attachments

• New Image (4000x3933).jpg
    New Image (4000x3933).jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 482
200 feet above Papago Park in Phoenix, Arizona - north at the top. One of my favorite street views between the buttes. The aptly named Camelback Mountain is due north. I am a sub-pixel dot at the bottom of the amphitheater. 52 photos, which I am gathering from this thread is excessive, stitched in PTGui.

View attachment 52014

Hands down, best I have seen yet

Well done

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

first attempt might be a little high. trying to upload but how do you guys make the file smaller? mine is 60mb jpeg at 85% quality. i normally use .tiff but that will be around 450mb.

thanks

first attempt might be a little high. trying to upload but how do you guys make the file smaller? mine is 60mb jpeg at 85% quality. i normally use .tiff but that will be around 450mb.

thanks
If you use Windows open the file with Photo Gallery and edit the pic. There is the option at the edit to resize the picture.

ok think i got it. haven't used a stitch program for a awhile now. just a quick one around the house.

Attachments

• DJI_0002 Panorama (3).jpg
    DJI_0002 Panorama (3).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 446
If you use Windows open the file with Photo Gallery and edit the pic. There is the option at the edit to resize the picture.
If you resize it does it change the quality of the picture?

I definitely think it will change quality of picture. you can see a difference even going from .jpg to .tiff. thats why i wanted to upload the full rez. i might do that and then send a link to see the difference.

For anyone tinkering around with little planets ...
Take your images to the next level and try a full 360° image like this:
SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity
Click on the X in the lower right and watch it open up.
Use your mouse to explore the full 360°

Take the original images just as you would for a little planet.
I put some instructions for creating 360° images here: Skypixel 360° Images - WOW

Some more of mine are here: SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity

Reactions: 28wins
2nd attempt at Dorney Park, lower altitude than my 1st attempt which does make it look much better. Wish i had time to do more there but i'm not looking to fly there while the park is open for the season, unless i get up super early. but this one does look nice.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=M05LbnlteVhMbURGODJhQ1VyUXlQbXBGTnlLNUZR <------Full resolution picture 70MB, 4000x4000, my original before upload is 9800x9800 but same file size which is weird, google photos still had to do something, its free storage, i'm not complaining

downscaled pic below, right under 10MB
dorney.little.planet.2016.05.25.resized.jpg

Reactions: phantomi
This planet was stitched from a vid. I found it gives a better outcome. The reason I used a vid was because it was did at distance from home point and the pano mode in Litchi fail at distance.

Attachments

• DJI_0063_stitch.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 400
Last edited:
Reactions: Vasekp
This planet was stitched from a vid. I found it gives a better outcome. The reason I used a vid was because it was did at >1 mile distance from home point and the pano mode in Litchi fail at that distance.
Very nice. Care to share how that was done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Norman, I have also become obsessed with these (& also currently reside in Florida). I couldn't stop thinking about them all day, but by the time I was actually able to shoot, all the good light was going away so I only had time for one test shot (or rather, group of shots). Still pretty stoked on it though!

SUnFlws.jpg
Looks like an eyeball made of diamonds.

Finally got it figured out...

cISky0L.jpg

J0QotN5.jpg

jFXQxmC.jpg

yrmE7PE.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after quite a bit of faffing about I got it to work, its best methinks to be not that high you get a lot more dramatic images

I used Drone Pan and ICE to stitch 37 photos together

brambles060616%20B.jpg

middlestone%20village%201%20B.jpg

Kynren%20060616%20A%20B.jpg

Some nice pic there folks from around the world, mind you there are a few that seem to be HDR-ed to oblivion mind you but hey its a personal preference thing I guess

What stitch software for OSX?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

image.jpeg This is my latest creation from today and edited it Lr6

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl