Litchi

Hi your video looks very smooth & slow..

Saw your note for the video on Youtube states the video was shot at 48fps. Did you then slow the video down and encode it at 24fps for the final video?

If you did not slow down the video, then could you please update what speed (horizontal speed) the drone was moving at when the video was shot? No matter how slow I try to fly the drone, I always find that movement is too fast in my videos.. would like to benchmark to a more optimum speed for slower movement..
I believe I had the speed set at 8.5mph. Maintaining a constant speed is one of the the biggest advantages of using the app. I rendered that video at 48fps, no slow motion. I think that was my second flight using a litchi mission.

The key to successful autonomous missions is to know your surroundings and area well. For my areas locally, I know that a minimum of 160' altitude puts me well above trees, power lines, and most buildings. The useful thing about the phantom camera is it has a bit of a tighter field of view, being 94°. This allows you to fly higher but it appears your lower in height on film. That allows a nice cushion of altitude. In this instance, 94° works in our favor. I don't mess around with altitude - I set it reasonably high.

I kind of feel like an autonomous mission is like making the phantom do a ballet. I have control of the speed, choreography, making it aim, turn, and angle just how I want to cover an area. Many movements look like it would be easy to fly manually and some could be, but it's deceiving looking too. It's almost impossible to manually fly a consistent shot perfectly and not need to reshoot it. It's also a huge help to pre-plan a mission, which ensures you fully cover an area of interest. That is next to impossible using the dji waypoints because they have to be flown first to set. Pre-planning missions make covering a wide area with distances from home point of 2k' possible in one take. Plan, fly, done- I'm in and out generally within 15 minutes and I know I have a perfect film. This mission I planned was much like that and would be next to impossible to safely fly without the aid of litchi.

Reactions: band318
I believe I had the speed set at 8.5mph. Maintaining a constant speed is one of the the biggest advantages of using the app. I rendered that video at 48fps, no slow motion. I think that was my second flight using a litchi mission.

The key to successful autonomous missions is to know your surroundings and area well. For my areas locally, I know that a minimum of 160' altitude puts me well above trees, power lines, and most buildings. The useful thing about the phantom camera is it has a bit of a tighter field of view, being 94°. This allows you to fly higher but it appears your lower in height on film. That allows a nice cushion of altitude. In this instance, 94° works in our favor. I don't mess around with altitude - I set it reasonably high.

Thank you very much.. That is very helpful response..

Thanks to all for your input. I went out today and tried another way point flight and it worked out great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You captured the value of a planned mission!
Good job editing your footage!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Im experiencing some funny issues with litchi, I just got the app after considering if I should spend £20 on it or not and the tracking and focus modes sold it for me BUUUUUUT big issues now...

Using:
LG G4
Phantom 3 Pro V1.8
RC V1.6

When i first downloaded the app I charged my batteries and went to the field, wanted to open DJI GO first to check everything was OK and DJI GO app would crash getting an error saying "Unfortunately system UI is not working anymore" so I opened litchi to see if I get anything and would not connect either.... re-opened DJI GO and it would not detect my aircraft.

I restarted both apps a bunch of times but no luck

I deleted Litchi and DJI GO app worked just fine...
I deleted DJI GO app and Litchi works fine...

I installed an old APK of DJI GO app v5.xx Still no luck and noooow I when i open DJI GO app, newest version from play store, when i go to about, I get N/A for aircraft and RC. I wanted to downgraded the RC and check if there is something in the RC firmware stopping them working when both installed but now I cant... HELP!

I dont ant to get a refund as I really want to use Litchi but I just cant, is anybody having this issue?

It's likely the LG. It just may not be up to the task. Keep your bird and RC at the latest firmware and if you can, try another device to run the apps and see if it's better.

It's likely the LG. It just may not be up to the task. Keep your bird and RC at the latest firmware and if you can, try another device to run the apps and see if it's better.
The LG G4 is a powerful phone but it is something to do with LG definitely. Tried it on a note 3 and I could open DJI GO app with both installed

The LG G4 is a powerful phone but it is something to do with LG definitely. Tried it on a note 3 and I could open DJI GO app with both installed
Right. I love my LG phone and tablet but I don't fly with them. Ipad Air 2 all the way, man. Best tablet for this without question.

yeah going to try it with ipad tomorrow me thinks

I use Google Earth to get the total amount of surface ground elevation change, then add a minimum of 100-150 ft above the highest elevation depending on tree height.
If you plan your routes on the pc version of the app then google earth heights are shown in the waypoints. Spent a few hours checking this out and they are identical to those on google earth

Mission Hub - Litchi | Awesome Screenshot

I'm currently using Litchi to map a 30-odd mile stretch of canal from Lough Neagh to Carlingford Lough here in Ireland. Litchi is perfect for the application.

I use the desktop version to set the waypoints. I have broken the route into 23 separate sections which I will stitch together in FCPX to create a seamless journey. The big advantage for me in using Litchi is that I can exactly replicate the opening two waypoints on the prior section and make these the two opening waypoints for the following section. I can copy and paste the co-ordinates and bearings so that the copter will be in the exact same position and heading to allow a seamless transition between clips. Really nice.

I have set the altitude at 50m - this will allow clearing all trees etc along the route.

The other thing I love about Litchi is the ability to set a POI really easily as the previous settings are remembered in the app. It's just a matter of pinpointing where the POI is and begin. This is great for another project or two I'm working on involving seeing a tree change as the seasons progress.

New updates for both versions are due next week. I can't wait for the ios update. Each update is like a Christmas present for the ios version. It's come a long way. An important bug will be fixed that I believe I found in this current version of ios, where the gimbal won't stick to a manual tilt adjustment in focus mode. It just goes back to the previous tilt angle. Confirmed and fixed in the next version. Woot!

I am thinking about buying Litchi as well. Just wondered why it is almost 50% more expensive in Europe?
$20
€25 = $28
£20 =$29

Im experiencing some funny issues with litchi, I just got the app after considering if I should spend £20 on it or not and the tracking and focus modes sold it for me BUUUUUUT big issues now...

Using:
LG G4
Phantom 3 Pro V1.8
RC V1.6

When i first downloaded the app I charged my batteries and went to the field, wanted to open DJI GO first to check everything was OK and DJI GO app would crash getting an error saying "Unfortunately system UI is not working anymore" so I opened litchi to see if I get anything and would not connect either.... re-opened DJI GO and it would not detect my aircraft.

I restarted both apps a bunch of times but no luck

I deleted Litchi and DJI GO app worked just fine...
I deleted DJI GO app and Litchi works fine...

I installed an old APK of DJI GO app v5.xx Still no luck and noooow I when i open DJI GO app, newest version from play store, when i go to about, I get N/A for aircraft and RC. I wanted to downgraded the RC and check if there is something in the RC firmware stopping them working when both installed but now I cant... HELP!

I dont ant to get a refund as I really want to use Litchi but I just cant, is anybody having this issue?
If each app is working when the other is deleted loading both back up but Force Stopping whichever one you aren't using.
I find after using Litchi I need to Force Stop it cos the phone gets hot. Likewise the DJI app will run in the background and interfere with Litchi. Try that, under Settings. It's a pain but it works for me.

Reactions: Pixeltin
If each app is working when the other is deleted loading both back up but Force Stopping whichever one you aren't using.
I find after using Litchi I need to Force Stop it cos the phone gets hot. Likewise the DJI app will run in the background and interfere with Litchi. Try that, under Settings. It's a pain but it works for me.

Thanks I will try that tomorrow

Here's an example of a great use of Litchi - repeating the same operation over and over to give a 'time lapse' of an event.

It's a short clip of a famous local tree and I filmed it over almost a complete year, stitching the clips together in FCPX to create a minute long clip of the changing of the seasons. I hope you like it.

Here's an example of a great use of Litchi - repeating the same operation over and over to give a 'time lapse' of an event.

It's a short clip of a famous local tree and I filmed it over almost a complete year, stitching the clips together in FCPX to create a minute long clip of the changing of the seasons. I hope you like it.

Brilliant idea Connor!

You should try to film at the exact same time of day also and use after effects to track the parks path so it looks even more seamless when transitioning from saeson to season.

Amazing shot non the less. Will doing something like this once I get to grips with Litchi

Brilliant idea Connor!

You should try to film at the exact same time of day also and use after effects to track the parks path so it looks even more seamless when transitioning from saeson to season.

Amazing shot non the less. Will doing something like this once I get to grips with Litchi

Same time of day? It's Ireland! With the amount of rain we get, the same time of the week would be ideal!

This was done using a mix of Go - setting the POI manually, and Litchi setting the POI automatically. Litchi is by far and away the easiest to use and is consistent. I have started another project exactly the same, but using a horse chestnut tree because the variation in leaf colour will be so much better with greens, yellows and reds before it goes bare. The oak tree was a tad disappointing in that respect.

Connor,

I really dig that clip! You put a bit of work into that one!

I'm doing something similar with Litchi but not nearly as precise or professional. I've taken a six mile Litchi mission and captured 3 seasons so far. I just have a summer one left to put a bit more work to it, I'm figuring I'll do the summer run sometime in July. Here is the clip for fall and winter. I've done spring but didn't want to sit down and edit it all until I got summer done.

Jerry

Connor,

I really dig that clip! You put a bit of work into that one!

I'm doing something similar with Litchi but not nearly as precise or professional. I've taken a six mile Litchi mission and captured 3 seasons so far. I just have a summer one left to put a bit more work to it, I'm figuring I'll do the summer run sometime in July. Here is the clip for fall and winter. I've done spring but didn't want to sit down and edit it all until I got summer done.

Jerry

I saw that one before - in fact I think I'll do something similar with a run over a heavily forested route that will be nice to see when autumn arrives and the trees change colour. Litchi is perfect for this sort of clip.

Reactions: Jtrjr

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT