LITCHI

Reaction score
Ive been using GO4 but it has been crashing alot in mid flight, have any of you used litchi app. And if so how do you like it. Any feed back will be helpful thanks.

I use Litchi and love the waypoint missions only had my P4 go crazy once and believe I was a little too close to some power lines. It went berserk then landed upside down in a muddy field thankfully no damage.

JesusFreek77, if you have not tried Litchi, then you are in for a treat. I dropped DJI GO for the same reason. It would be running along just fine and then zap! It was gone. It would restart quickly but the first time it happened with me, I was not aware that the RC would still fly the craft so I was terrified until I quickly learned that the RC still worked. Anyway, give Litchi a try. You will love the "waypoint" missions where you can plan your flight ahead of time and then fly it later. Also check out Laurence Seberini's flight schools. He sells online courses that teach you everything! Both Litchi and flying. I have watched all his courses two and three times and always learn something new. If you watch the net, you can catch them on sale for around $15.00 each. And, can get a package deal too. Anyway you won't go wrong with Litchi.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

I agree with WA5TEF, Litchi gives you much more drone than Go does and it is almost for free.
I really love waypoint missions and panorama's.
During a waypoint mission the drone flies fully automatically, so can focus on the scenery. You can easily pause the mission (pause button on the screen or the play button on the RC) or override it with the flight mode switch.
Missions can be planned before the flight with the mission hub or on site. If you first fly a new route and then press the C1 (waypoint) and C2 (POI) switches of the RC you can explore the mission manually, which can save a potential accident (I found out the hard way ;)).

I use Litchi and love the waypoint missions only had my P4 go crazy once and believe I was a little too close to some power lines. It went berserk then landed upside down in a muddy field thankfully no damage.

Hi, I have a few power lines about 30 yards from where I am launching - is that too close?

If you are using a Android device litchi might be a better fit. The go app never ran right on my shield. It would drop/ crash during flight. Switched to litchi and I don't think I'll ever look back. I haven't left FPV mode and won't for a while. Litchi has a help page on their site that explains each mode and feature. I started watching YouTube videos. Just read read read is all I have to say. Litchi is pretty tech, know what everything is before you jump in or it's bye bye birdy [emoji137] or at least very likely..

Reactions: jsposito
If you are using a Android device litchi might be a better fit. The go app never ran right on my shield. It would drop/ crash during flight. Switched to litchi and I don't think I'll ever look back. I haven't left FPV mode and won't for a while. Litchi has a help page on their site that explains each mode and feature. I started watching YouTube videos. Just read read read is all I have to say. Litchi is pretty tech, know what everything is before you jump in or it's bye bye birdy [emoji137] or at least very likely..

Thanks, I use IOS, but with $1000 bird up there I do like something a little more intuitive, less techy if you know what I mean. But, there is always the option of reading and reading. GO App is fairly intuitive I think but Litchi sems to have more to offer. Wish they had a trial offer : )

Thanks, I use IOS, but with $1000 bird up there I do like something a little more intuitive, less techy if you know what I mean. But, there is always the option of reading and reading. GO App is fairly intuitive I think but Litchi sems to have more to offer. Wish they had a trial offer : )
Yeah nothing against the go app. I just felt that litchi ran smoother. I have a P3S so getting litchi was a no brainier for me.

It's worth the try for sure..

I have the Nvidia K1 which DJI GO constantly crashed. I moved to Litchi a few weeks ago and have had no problem until yesterday. During a routine flight Litchi froze then crashed. I hit RTH and all is well but the app really got hosed up. It is very nerve racking to say the least. I have not heard of many folks having Litchi crash so I have no idea why it did.

Reactions: 805hd
I have the Nvidia K1 which DJI GO constantly crashed. I moved to Litchi a few weeks ago and have had no problem until yesterday. During a routine flight Litchi froze then crashed. I hit RTH and all is well but the app really got hosed up. It is very nerve racking to say the least. I have not heard of many folks having Litchi crash so I have no idea why it did.
Intresting, I hope I'm not going down the same path.. thought those days were over cause of litchi!

My k1 is dedicated with every app that is not needed disabled and I fly with the tablet in airplane mode to keep things from going on in the background. Don't know if any of it makes a difference, I'm on a p3s. Just trying to help.

Perhaps there are some decode settings that we can use like with iOS that we don't know about? This enabled, that disabled kinda thing..

Last edited:
Ive been using GO4 but it has been crashing alot in mid flight, have any of you used litchi app. And if so how do you like it. Any feed back will be helpful thanks.

Used Litchi in the past but changed to FPV Camera and never looked back though it is for IOS only.
Easy and safe to use, Goggles works flawless and the very complete flight logs are priceless

Intresting, I hope I'm not going down the same path.. thought those days were over cause of litchi!

My k1 is dedicated with every app that is not needed disabled and I fly with the tablet in airplane mode to keep things from going on in the background. Don't know if any of it makes a difference, I'm on a p3s. Just trying to help.

Perhaps there are some decode settings that we can use like with iOS that we don't know about? This enabled, that disabled kinda thing..

I too only use the K1 for flying, disable everything, and keep it in Airplane mode. I am guessing its Android 7.0. Rolling back seems like a PIA but looks like what I need to do.

Reactions: 805hd
I too only use the K1 for flying, disable everything, and keep it in Airplane mode. I am guessing its Android 7.0. Rolling back seems like a PIA but looks like what I need to do.
Good info, you are probably right. I'll keep this in mind!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl