Litchi. Yes, No or What...

Reaction score
I'd like some input on Litchi. The good the bad and the ugly.... So to speak [emoji3] Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am a new Phantom 4 user and probably easily impressed, but Litchi is fantastic in my view. I am a novice flyer to say the least, so to be able to pre plan a mission and control the camera and just basically set back and watch the mission is fantastic. Did I already say fantastic....ok, well it really is.

If there is a better mission planner out there, someone let me know, and why?

There still seems to be uncertainty about warranty when using third party apps I read a bit about it and it's still not clear to me .So maybe something to keep in mind .

I too am impressed with Litchi. I wouldn't be able to do what it does by myself. At least not yet. It saves me time to get the shot I want. Best thing I spent to go with my P3P. I've heard of fly aways from others while using Litchi but hasn't happened to me yet. So far all missions I've ran have been flawless. It has been all good and no ugly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The good: it does what you tell it to do.
The bad: it does what you tell it to do.

So always have a good margin of safety (high and away from obstacles -- GPS isn't always so accurate) and triple-check all mission details. Be prepared to cancel the mission (lext index finger ready to switch to A/P mode) and keep your left thumb on the left stick ready to go higher.

Litchi is great in my opinion. I love being able to pre program flight paths with it. The follow me works pretty well with my P3P considering it does not have any external sensors. I have been using the App since mid April and have not had any issues at all.

Here is my take on it...

The DJI Go app is _very_ good. There are two drawbacks to this app, you have to fly to a waypoint in order to set it and it does not have visual tracking. The main reason it's my go to app is because it's pretty much rock solid. Also, it reports _all_ of the warnings and errors. I've used other apps where the props would not start. I loaded up Go and it reported that the batteries were too cold and told me the temps needed to fly. Do I trust any other app to give me all of the warnings? Nope.

Litchi adds a few bells and whistles but I only us my Phantom for photos and video. The only feature Litchi has at this time that I would use is visual tracking. Personally, I think Vertical Studio does this much better. But Litchi does a lot more. One of the main features people like in Litchi is that you can pre-set the waypoints and fly them. Another nice aspect of this is that you can have the Phantom focus on an object while it flies the waypoints. What I find myself doing these days though is to manually fly and use visual tracking to focus on the object. I can also use the Orbit feature with visual tracking.

If I were to only buy one aftermarket app what would it be? Probably Litchi. I have bought/paid for 3 aftermarket apps. I use DJI's Go abut 95% of the time and Visual Studio the other 5%.

Before you get the hots on Litchi. Check out this app: DJI Ultimate Flight v3, control your Phantom 3, Phantom 4 and Inspire 1. For the money and easy UI this one is hands-down the best I think.

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Before you get the hots on Litchi. Check out this app: DJI Ultimate Flight v3, control your Phantom 3, Phantom 4 and Inspire 1. For the money and easy UI this one is hands-down the best I think.

I think the "best" is pretty subjective. Personally I think the best out there is Autopilot for it's capabilities, but the learning curve is higher than the cojones on a giraffe.

I believe yes.
Having used litchi for a few missions. I decided to rerun a mission I had great success on. Wind was about the same at less than 4klm/HR and all other conditions the same. Though as I realize when planning a mission at home, it will rely on gps to plot a course. Though there is a built in error for gps I believe. This I see in my second video when playing back compared to the first, as it had missed the original plotted course.(first mission was run a couple of weeks before)
I am still happy with the app and have planned many more missions

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for all the input! I went ahead and got it. Have flown 2 short missions to get familiar. Is there a way for it to take pictures of multiple POIs at one way point?

Thanks for all the input! I went ahead and got it. Have flown 2 short missions to get familiar. Is there a way for it to take pictures of multiple POIs at one way point?

Autopilot can take multiple pictures of multiple POIs at one point, the learning curve is steeper.

The only feature I like about Litchi is that the mission continues if the AC loses connection with the RC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl