Litchi waypoint tests

Can you create waypoints like the DJI app does, by flying the route beforehand?

No you can't but you can do it offline and save it and load it when the drone is in the air. If you sign up as a developer you can download the DJI simulator and hook your P3 to your PC and test your litchi flights. The simulator is not much to look at but it will allow you to see how the bird will handle the flights as if it was flying it.

No you can't but you can do it offline and save it and load it when the drone is in the air. If you sign up as a developer you can download the DJI simulator and hook your P3 to your PC and test your litchi flights. The simulator is not much to look at but it will allow you to see how the bird will handle the flights as if it was flying it.
That's odd. I just got a message from the app developer and he says you CAN create waypoints as I described...

That's odd. I just got a message from the app developer and he says you CAN create waypoints as I described...
I stand corrected then :) I haven't test the new version which obviously has this, i thin you have to allocate one of the underside programmable buttons on the controller to do this, you can setup assignments in the app.

I stand corrected then :) I haven't test the new version which obviously has this, i thin you have to allocate one of the underside programmable buttons on the controller to do this, you can setup assignments in the app.

The easiest way is to assign C1/C2 to drop a Waypoint. But if you don't want to do that, you can just fly to your location and press the AC icon on the map - that will also drop a Waypoint at the AC's location.

BTW, it's much better than DJI's version because it will also remember your pitch angle and can smoothly transition pitch for you (as well as yaw)

Here's a mission I flew today. It was made using www.flylitchi.com/gs.

I had a Litchi app disconnect near the end and recovered.

Here is my test with waypoints mission on lLitchi app.

I'm running 2.1.0. I can abort the RTH on the controller, but once it goes to RTH during a mission it aborts the mission. I'm playing with the low battery level as it keeps aborting it mission just shy of half way with about 30% left on the battery when it lands. Clearly that is premature.
The same thing happened to me and it resulted in a crash because my waypoints went around big hills and it tried to go straight back to the homepoint. Battery was at 63%. I'm still trying to figure it out.

I am a bit new at this but how did you load you litchi flights in dji sdk simulator.
I would like to do it myself to check it before flight.
Thanks for you help
Dom

Can you create waypoints like the DJI app does, by flying the route beforehand?
Yes you can you touch the Drone icon on the map view as you fly it will create a waypoint at that altitude and direction

I am a bit new at this but how did you load you litchi flights in dji sdk simulator.
I would like to do it myself to check it before flight.
Thanks for you help
Dom

I'm gaining confidence in the Litchi app to run my P3. Today I had a chance to run it through it's paces over open desert with low wind. It is very cool to just trace out a flight path against a map and have it go. Next tests are in the mountains. There are a lot of unknowns with altitude gain and loss with flight time and time between waypoints.

Here is the video of the tests:

For even smoother camera rotation, create POIs along the way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl