Litchi Waypoint Gimbal when out of Range

Reaction score
I will be out of range for my flight, so I see Focus POI won't work because I'm out of range of controller, will Interpolate work?

Waypoint Gimbal Pitch
Litchi can control the gimbal pitch automatically during the mission, as long as the aircraft is within range of the remote controller. To specify how the gimbal pitch should be controlled, each waypoint has a Gimbal Pitch setting which can be one of the following:

• Disabled: The gimbal pitch control will be manual from this waypoint.
  • Focus POI: Litchi will automatically control the gimbal pitch from this waypoint to the next to keep the selected POI in the center of the frame. The POI altitude will be taken into account to determine the gimbal pitch angle.
  • Interpolate: You can specify the gimbal pitch angle at this waypoint. For "Interpolate" to work, the previous or next waypoint need to be set to "Interpolate" as well. Litchi will then automatically adjust the gimbal pitch angle to start and end at the specified angles, and smoothly transition while travelling between the two waypoints.

Interpolate - FYI this weekend I sent my bird on a Litchi WP mission. The first 4 WPs, interpolate was successfully executed. However all other WPs set to interpolate after that did not work. It was set based on your comments above. Did not disconnect at all so that's not the cause. I sent Litchi support an email questioning this but they don't have an explanation yet. This happened as well on a previous mission 2 weeks ago. Only in the beginning interpolate was executed. All other ones after that did not happen. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: bkushner
I am having a similar issue - I have a 14-waypoint mission with a POI on WP 4-8 and then WP 9-13 are all interpolated with -80* angle set. Th gimbal never moves from what looks like 0*
Just started using Litchi a few days ago so still learning all the fine points. Phantom Filmschool has some decent videos.

I am having a similar issue - I have a 14-waypoint mission with a POI on WP 4-8 and then WP 9-13 are all interpolated with -80* angle set. Th gimbal never moves from what looks like 0*
Just started using Litchi a few days ago so still learning all the fine points. Phantom Filmschool has some decent videos.

FYI, I sent Litchi my WP mission and he ran it through his simulator. Per his comments, "I tested it using a simulator DJI provides for developers. It produces the same results you get in real conditions if you have signal all the way." He said the mission executed just fine. Since there was signal degradation (45%) at WP9 during the actual mission, I accept that Interpolate may have failed. But on WP17 where signal was 100%, his simulation worked but not during the real mission. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Also had Litchi Gimbal issue P4
While flying a Litchi mission, between two of the WP which are both set to the same altitude and POI the gimble dropped from -1 to -90 as the bird passed behind a small building then back up to -1 upon arriving at the next WP. Flying the same POI with the Go app the gimbal remained stable

Litchi support replied today
The gimbal is controlled by Litchi (mobile device), if you lose signal, the gimbal's behavior is undefined.

Question dose setting the WP to Interpolate instead of Focus POI fix the gimbal pitch even if the bird looses signal?

I have a small test mission that circles a small building at altitude on 20ft when the bird is behind the building and looses signal for 10 - 15 sec the gimbal goes limp and points at the ground till next WP not when bird back in signal.

So after creating a mission with WP set to Focus POI which shows the gimbal angle.them changing the PW before the bird goes behind the building from Focus POI to Interpolate should the gimbal remember the Gimbal Pitch while out of signal

Have any of you tried DJI Ultimate Flight?
I like it a lot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl