Litchi vs. Ultimate Flight. Which is better?

These freezes seem to happen when you are in narrow video fov, I will disable taking photos while recording in narrow fov in a future update.

These freezes seem to happen when you are in narrow video fov, I will disable taking photos while recording in narrow fov in a future update.
I had these freezes with all video settings: wide, medium and narrow and all resolutions, 1080 or 720. Not only in narrow video like you say.

That's weird, did some testing and as an example 1080p 30 fps works fine for me with wide/medium fovs, but would instantly freeze with narrow mode.
Maybe some other video setting interfering? You could also try to reset your camera settings, sometimes they can be in a bugged state, not quite sure of the reason.

For reference, most people who reported this issue said they were in narrow fov when experiencing freezes.
Also note that I am testing with a P2V+, there may be some differences here too if you're testing on a P2V.

That's weird, did some testing and as an example 1080p 30 fps works fine for me with wide/medium fovs, but would instantly freeze with narrow mode.
Maybe some other video setting interfering? You could also try to reset your camera settings, sometimes they can be in a bugged state, not quite sure of the reason.

For reference, most people who reported this issue said they were in narrow fov when experiencing freezes.
Also note that I am testing with a P2V+, there may be some differences here too if you're testing on a P2V.
I´ll try with reset camera settings. I have a P2V+ too. Thanks for your support.

On my P2V & Galaxy S3 last night, trying to take still pictures with video running:
- 1080P/30 Wide: Camera Locked Up
- 1080P/30 Mid: Camera Locked Up
- 1080P/30 Narrow: Camera Locked Up

No video running: Camera locked up taking still pictures.

Not being able to take pictures without FPV locking up puts a big hole in usability of an $11 app. I am back to the DJI Pilot App if I want to take pictures. Ugh.

This is not normal though, and I will keep looking into the issue.
If you did not try it yet, try to reset your camera settings and then restart everything (phantom, app, rc). Then give it another try.

Last edited:
@KenW What image size & format settings were you using?
Some settings just don't seem to work well together, for example my video is freezing if I take a photo while recording using 480p recording resolution even with a wide/medium fov (does not happen with other recording resolutions though).
I cannot reproduce freezes with any of the 1080p and 720p recording resolutions though..

I used the max resolution and left everything else on automatic. I tried RAW and JPeg. All locked up. I can try dialing back resolution to see if it helps.

I just tried a bunch of different combinations, and I just cannot get it to freeze except in 480p any fov, or narrow fov any resolutions.
Are you guys using the latest camera firmware 1.3.0g? It could also be one of the few differences between the P2V/P2V+..
@KenW If you are getting freezes even without recording, just by taking a picture, then you can probably fix that by resetting the camera settings, there is really no reason it should freeze when just taking a picture.

In the general settings, under Camera there is a button for it. You'll also need to restart phantom & app after doing the reset.

I like both apps but, i chose to use Ultimate Flight by Kenargo the most... Im not about to pay extra $$$ every time they add new features. FYI Vision Pilot is one of thee worst app out there...

Hi, going to bump this one.

To give you an idea why, I simply cannot get the stock DJI Go app to work on my Motorola G4+; it simply will not connect and i'm getting pissed off with it.

I know these apps are primarily used for way-points but I don't need them for that (not at this stage anyway).

So basically which one offers all the features of the DJI Go app such as POI and follow and which does it better so I can just use my drone?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl