Litchi vs. Ultimate Flight. Which is better?

Reaction score
I am considering buying wither Litchi or Ultimate flight as an enhanced ground station. The features are similar, but slightly different. If you have used both, I'd appreciate your feedback before I buy either.

I have Litchy for follow me DJI Ultimate with ground control for way point missions and Pilot by taco for ground station and vision + Booster utility not sure either been using them for a month or so they all lose signal and come back on and cameras in different view have hard time seeing the gimbal go up and down but it's fine when I play back video but all these sudden gimbal up and down because I was trying to but it would cut out I think I like Ultimate flight so far they all could be better for the price to much lag I like all 3 because they all do different things and have voice so I don't have to look for tiny letters and just concentrate on filming

Litchy has ground station and boosting. Why do use the others? I am looking mainly for better groundstation and flight controls for my Vision (not Vision+).

I have DJI Vision, DJI Ultimate Flight, FPV Booster, and I just bought Vision Pilot because it has POI. I have a P2V+ v3.0 and I bought an Acer 8" tablet for this so I can see it better than on my Galaxy S5.
Well, as it turns out, Vision Pilot can only do POI if my tablet has a compass in it, which it does not. Nice. He got my money and I got squat.
I still use the tablet but I gave up on POI (and Vision Pilot) and I am learning to fly a circle and keep the nose pointed in myself. I did the slow yaw mod, it works great! I reverted back to DJI Ultimate Flight. I feel the safest with this one.
Now for my question finally: Will Litchy need a compass in the tablet to perform POI and follow me?

Will Litchy need a compass in the tablet to perform POI and follow me?
You will not need anything special for POI, but for follow me you need a GPS. No compass requirement.

Curious as to why you do not feel "safe" with Litchi?

You will not need anything special for POI, but for follow me you need a GPS. No compass requirement.

Curious as to why you do not feel "safe" with Litchi?

Kaehn, when do we get POI?? Have I somehow missed its publication?

Litchy has ground station and boosting. Why do use the others? I am looking mainly for better groundstation and flight controls for my Vision (not Vision+).

Ultimate flight has booster (Vision/Vision+) and ability to set Wi-Fi channel (Vision+).

I have been trying Litchi. So far so good. Just wish POI wasn't an extra cost.

I use Litchi, it Works just fine for missions and POI my main problem is loosing FPV signal and then being unable to see what I´m recording. Kahen, when using POI the Phantom yaws rough so you see the the horizontal movement in the video recording. Can this be bad calibration or is it just thae way POI Works?

answered your PM, regarding the FPV signal, are you using 640x480 15 fps or lower?

I would recommend using 640x480 15 fps, the difference should be enough to keep the FPV alive.

Kahen I would like to be able to record POIs I use my drone to monitor progress in diferent construction sites, so filming from the same point is useful. Do you plan to incorpórate this feature?

Ok, we will try to add it in the near future.

I have been flying the Litchi app for a while now. LAst night was the first time I tried taking pictures while recording video. As soon as I took the picture, FPV froze. The pictures are also not stored. If it helps, I am using Android 4.4 on a Galaxy S3.

Hi, a few people have reported the issue of freezes happening when taking pictures and recording, we are looking into it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic