Litchi return to home.

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased the iOS Litchi app for my P3 Standard but don't see an on screen return to home button. Is toggling S2 switch on the controller the only way to activate the return to home?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fisherman67
Hi, I just purchased the iOS Litchi app for my P3 Standard but don't see an on screen return to home button. Is toggling S2 switch on the controller the only way to activate the return to home?
This is what my Litchi screen looks like.
The H at centre left is the on-screen home button.
i-VPXFKsG-L.png

i-VPXFKsG-L.png
That H icon is home lock when you activate it in F toggle mode and pull down on the right stick whereever it is at it will fly back to the h from any direction just by pulling down on the right stick

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but when Im using the Litchi app and switch to the F position and hit the H button on my screen and pull down on the right stick my P3 standard will fly back home but it doss not adjust to the RTH altitude that I have set. Am I doing something wrong?

That is home lock it is not return to home function those are two separate things

The Nether world

Thanks for the info. I'm new to the drone world. How do you use the RTH for the P3 standard on the Litchi app

i-VPXFKsG-L.png
FYI. That isn't the return to home button. It actuates the Home Course mode for flying in the direction to or from the registered home point.

There should be a hard button on your controller. Not the on/off power button, the other one. THAT'S the RTH button.

I'm flying the Phantom 3 standard and I don't think it has a dedicated RTH button on the controller. My controller has a slide switch to turn it on. I wish it did have a that button, I would feel a lot safer. I have had it Return when the signal was lost due to flying too far. But I believe that is programmed into the drone, I was wondering it there is switch or a way to get it to fly up to the designated altitude and then RTH. I did switch the controller off today and it did the RTH procedure. Just curious and like to learn the easy way instead of the expensive way. Guess I better get the insurance!!!

Then you just found your RTH button.

Tap the H in the DJI GO app or toggle the S2 switch on the remote controller back and forth at least twice
to initiate Smart RTH. The aircraft will first ascend to the Return-to-Home altitude, then return to the last
recorded Home Point if a GPS signal is available. During the RTH procedure, you may use the remote
controller to guide the aircraft around obstacles.

I'm not promoting this, but.......From an email I received :

This is my new year gift for all of you...
READ CAREFULLY
...Are you afraid of 'killing' your drone?

Or maybe you are just afraid of losing your drone forever during an uncontrollable fly-away?

Also called... The Ultimate Phantom Fail-safe System...

The definitive step-by-step process to protect your drone!

So you can feel an Iron-Strong Confidence when flying your drone...

Learn to fly safely. Without losing the drone to the wind or by a silly error...

So you and your family can enjoy the drone for DECADES...

It's time to defend your Phantom. Get the fail-safe system now:

http://courses.phantomfilmschool.com/no-more-crashes

Normally this training sells for only $40.

But for a limited time. You can get this for just $7

Yep, just $7! That's over 82% OFF!
You can buy a fancy Starbuck's coffee or...

...get the training that will save your drone

In fact, I want you to have it. Because even if you don't think you need it today...

Trust me… you will!

So get access today before the price returns to normal this Friday:

http://courses.phantomfilmschool.com/no-more-crashes

...you'll be glad you did. :)

Happy new year,

Laurence Seberini

RTFM ... from the Litchi manual ...

"When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue. "

Besides the misinformation in this thread, killing the entire connection will elicit RTH -BUT- without any controller input available obviously. Read about RTH and the S2 switch in the manual as it pertains to the Standard.

I'm flying the Phantom 3 standard and I don't think it has a dedicated RTH button on the controller. My controller has a slide switch to turn it on. I wish it did have a that button, I would feel a lot safer. I have had it Return when the signal was lost due to flying too far. But I believe that is programmed into the drone, I was wondering it there is switch or a way to get it to fly up to the designated altitude and then RTH. I did switch the controller off today and it did the RTH procedure. Just curious and like to learn the easy way instead of the expensive way. Guess I better get the insurance!!!
Flip your S1 switch up and down a couple times and it will return home

Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164