LITCHI QUESTION

Reaction score
I didn't get Litchi yet , but do have the Litchie Hub on my laptop and trying to understand the mission planning. Question is , you take off from waypoint 1 , elevation is 1000ft at takeoff point, you set it at 200ft. Now the bird goes to 1200ft, and the next waypoint 2 is at a lower elevation of 900ft. Does the bird arrive at the 1200ft level or does it drop to 1100ft , In the same token if the second waypoint was at 1200ft instead of 1000ft as the first what elevation is the bird going to be at when it reaches waypoint 2? Just trying to understand how to set waypoints. THANKS GUYS

Your first and subsequent WPs will be relative to where your drone takes off from, which is effectively zero mtrs/ft. Don't be concerned with your relative elevation as the mission will be based on your take off point, when you get into the planning side, try and use the 'relative to ground' editing function and you will see how the various WPs are managed. I don't use mission hub, just the app and it works every time.

Thanks for the answer. So if the second waypoint is higher than your takeoff point and the height you send the bird to you must adjust the height setting to clear the waypoint. So you must be aware of every waypoint base elevation. CORRECT?

Thanks for the answer. So if the second waypoint is higher than your takeoff point and the height you send the bird to you must adjust the height setting to clear the waypoint. So you must be aware of every waypoint base elevation. CORRECT?
In short yes, I plot a number of WPs at the same height, then look at the google map to look for any trees or structures and then adjust any WPs to avoid hitting them as you fly to each waypoint. I live in an undulating and heavily forested area and my WPs can be anywhere from 100mtrs to 70mtrs during a mission to account for the varied elevation.

While planning for waypoints, note that they are not with respect to sea level (ASL), they are with respect to home point registered by your craft. Altitude set by Litchi for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... all waypoints will be with respect to home point. If you set say all at 100', aircraft will move horizontally irrespective of varying elevation from point to point.

While planning for waypoints, note that they are not with respect to sea level (ASL), they are with respect to home point registered by your craft. Altitude set by Litchi for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... all waypoints will be with respect to home point. If you set say all at 100', aircraft will move horizontally irrespective of varying elevation from point to point.
Thanks, as I'M just learning the planning, how do you end the mission and have the bird land back at starting place?

I always set last lastway point as hover. I manually get it down.

I always set to RTH, unless there is a specific reason not to. Most of my missions do not have a waypoint right where I launch operations. When I plan a mission, I'm often not certain at that point where I'll be launching.

However, I always try and launch from a locale were there is plenty of open room around the launch (Home) point, to allow for GPS accuracy errors should disaster strike, and the bird have to return and land entirely on its own. For example, an unrecoverable RC failure. Exceedingly rare, but not impossible. If it happened, and your P4 is hovering somewhere where you wouldn't want it to land, you're in trouble. Unless you have another RC, you're just going to have to wait for the battery to run down, and then land where it is, maybe in a tree.

In practice I always cancel the autonomous operation when it gets back over head of me, and land it myself, so I can precisely control where it touches down.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl