Litchi or DJI Go smoother?

Which app do you find smoother flying with?

• DJI GO App for Android

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • DJI GO App for iPad

• Litchi App for Android

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Litchi App for iPad

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No Differeence

• Total voters
Reaction score
I started on my android tablet (again trying both apps), and switched to the iPad Air after my wife felt she wanted a mini due to the weight difference.
I have been flying my P3 4K with both the latest DJI Go and the Litchi app on my iPad Air and have found that the Litchi app is "smoother" to fly with. Not really responsiveness, but easier to control the P3 it seems.

I am talking about 'freehand' flying, not using waypoints and such.

What do you think? Better on Apple or Android and which app? Opinions?

With respect to "freehand flying" as you call it there isn't, and can't be, any difference in the actual smoothness of flight (P-GPS or ATTI modes). For a difference to be realised litchi would need to employ a custom flight controller that could modify commands prior to sending to AC. You need another survey option for no difference.

You are correct - Done!

With respect to "freehand flying" as you call it there isn't, and can't be, any difference in the actual smoothness of flight (P-GPS or ATTI modes). For a difference to be realised litchi would need to employ a custom flight controller that could modify commands prior to sending to AC. You need another survey option for no difference.
Hold on a minute there, Kemosabe... you're assuming a particular meaning of "smoother". Now, I interpret it the same way as you, but it's a vague enough term that it could mean many things, like how cluttered the display is with overlay nonsense -- something I think GO has a bit more of.

Much of the telemetry is important. However, there are less visually intrusive ways to indicate obstacle detection and a bunch of other things the GO seems more like a Nintendo video game rather than the seriously expensive drone controlling software that it actually is.

Hold on a minute there, Kemosabe... you're assuming a particular meaning of "smoother". Now, I interpret it the same way as you, but it's a vague enough term that it could mean many things, like how cluttered the display is with overlay nonsense -- something I think GO has a bit more of.

Much of the telemetry is important. However, there are less visually intrusive ways to indicate obstacle detection and a bunch of other things the GO seems more like a Nintendo video game rather than the seriously expensive drone controlling software that it actually is.

I didnt (and suspect most wouldn't) find the need to apply any assumption as to what meaning the OP might have attributed to "smoother" or to the intent of the survey- we are informed of the intent by the explanation in his post. In fact his earlier response to me in this thread would seem to confirm we aren't off the mark.

I was referring to the responsiveness of the quad to the controls from within the two apps and operating systems of the tablets / phones.
In reference to the 'freehand flying' I was referring to non-autonomous flight.

I was referring to the responsiveness of the quad to the controls from within the two apps and operating systems of the tablets / phones.
In reference to the 'freehand flying' I was referring to non-autonomous flight.
Thanks for confirming bluewolf- I didn't think I was confused. Interesting response so far. You can fly the AC by LOS with no tablet/phone connected to the controller so the suggestion/belief the app might change how it responds to stick inputs in full manual flight is probably unfounded.

I did not think about that part - so the difference that I personally find between flying with the Go or the Litchi may all be simple perception due to the Litchi app being a cleaner interface (in my opinion).
I will have to take the quad out and fly a couple of batteries worth without the apps for kicks now... it will be good practice anyhow :)

Thanks for confirming bluewolf- I didn't think I was confused. Interesting response so far. You can fly the AC by LOS with no tablet/phone connected to the controller so the suggestion/belief the app might change how it responds to stick inputs in full manual flight is probably unfounded.
Hey, no worries. As I said, I interpreted it the same way you did. And of course, in a subsequent response, it was clear control response is what he was talking about. I wasn't criticizing you, rather pointing out that there were other things "smooth" might be referring to other than the stick response.

Hey, no worries. As I said, I interpreted it the same way you did. And of course, in a subsequent response, it was clear control response is what he was talking about. I wasn't criticizing you, rather pointing out that there were other things "smooth" might be referring to other than the stick response.
I didn't take it as criticism, all good- I was hoping to give the OP an opportunity to get an untainted response to his survey. As it stands (no suprise) litchi wins out. Even when it can't be better at something it is seemingly perceived to be. I like and use litchi btw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan