Litchi or Autopilot

If youre at 20% and dont have a connection then there is a major risk no matter which app is used.
Indeed- that was my observation in my earlier post. It (increased critical battery setting) is not a workaround.

EDIT- I disagree there is a major risk with both AP and litchi with signal loss. LITCHI will happily continue a WP mission.

@Pogopilot I was testing the polar pro cinema series ND/Pol 8 and 16 filters. They worked well in most cases except a few scenes where it produced a non uniform blue sky. This is a watchout at certain angles with a polarizer.

@Pogopilot I was testing the polar pro cinema series ND/Pol 8 and 16 filters. They worked well in most cases except a few scenes where it produced a non uniform blue sky. This is a watchout at certain angles with a polarizer.
Good advice applicable to the use of all polarising filters, the brand being irrelavent. The apparent darkening of the sky (polarising effect) will change, sometimes drastically, when yawing.

I use autopilot and It's very good
They did an excellent job

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: J&L
Nothing at all risky about Autopilot. I use it extensively and have never had a problem.

I love this program. It makes the DJI app look like a poorly thought out facsimile.

Nothing at all risky about Autopilot. I use it extensively and have never had a problem.

I love this program. It makes the DJI app look like a poorly thought out facsimile.
I assume you appreciate that with the current DJI firmware autopilot wont initiate RTH untill critical battery level reached in a signal loss situation. That is the main concern some have atm. There is every reason to beleive DJI will correct this problem in a future firmware release.

I assume you appreciate that with the current DJI firmware autopilot wont initiate RTH untill critical battery level reached in a signal loss situation. That is the main concern some have atm. There is every reason to beleive DJI will correct this problem in a future firmware release.
I'd like to think that, but I'm not so sure anymore. They had every reason to make **** sure this was fixed in the latest firmware release...and it wasn't. That was super disappointing. Should have been a must do priority.

I'd like to think that, but I'm not so sure anymore. They had every reason to make **** sure this was fixed in the latest firmware release...and it wasn't. That was super disappointing. Should have been a must do priority.
Just think how much your flying skills have improved waiting- I know mine have.

I use waypoints with litchi, which isn't affected. So, yes and no lol.
I grabbed litchi. Has some cool configurable waypoint actions however for me seems behind AP in the overall smoothness of flight esp where you want to interpolate focus or perform smooth precise curves.

The RTH issue appears to be corrected with the latest firmware on the P4. We are continuing to do more extensive testing and will report back on the other aircraft types.

so currently with any any software? dji go, litchi, or autopilot the phantom 3 pro wont initiate RTH from signal loss until critical battery is reached? this seems to be a horrible flaw... i have been using litchi on current fw of AC and RC i have got to edge of the signal and lost signal but got it right back... knowing this now i will not fly to signal edge until this is fixed by dji... am i understanding this correctly?

so currently with any any software? dji go, litchi, or autopilot the phantom 3 pro wont initiate RTH from signal loss until critical battery is reached? this seems to be a horrible flaw... i have been using litchi on current fw of AC and RC i have got to edge of the signal and lost signal but got it right back... knowing this now i will not fly to signal edge until this is fixed by dji... am i understanding this correctly?
It is intentional with Litchi. It allows you to plan a mission behind and beyond a point where signal loss occurs. The mission is uploaded into the quad, and upon loss of signal Litchi will simply complete the mission autonomously and execute the action you selected upon completion.

I have done several of the above missions, and while they are disconcerting initially, I now trust both the quad and the Litchi software implicitly.

The RTH issue appears to be corrected with the latest firmware on the P4. We are continuing to do more extensive testing and will report back on the other aircraft types.
Holy crap that's good news! I hope it's fixed for all models.

i understand in litchi autonomous mode it would function like that but i was under the impression just in normal FPV mode at signal loss if you completely lose signal it wont RTH??? or is this only on auto mode... im really confused

today first flight with autopilot. never ever tried litchi. i'm just regular p3 user. pretty confident in flying. lol

had no time to check how to's... just checked checklist while i was eating lunch. did few waypoints in various modes. tested today while gf was in shopping center. i was flying on parking space..

what an app. lol i'll just turn on dji go in future app to get new nfz's and warning that i have to update firmware and maybe do imu calibration.

makes no sense to try to shoot something manually. ok for following downhill, sports that stuff. but to shoot scenery i think this app rules.

AND.. best thing is. i spent 10 mins reading, 10mins typing waypoints to test few modes. every single of them rocks. thing work flawless. anytime just override on PAS switch or type cancel mission and that's it

Reactions: egoldy
makes no sense to try to shoot something manually. ok for following downhill, sports that stuff. but to shoot scenery i think this app rules.

From what I understand, one of AP's great features is the ability to follow downhill (or uphill). Using the "follow" mode in DJI GO, the aircraft will maintain altitude based on homepoint. If you start at 50ft and ski down a 200ft hill, the aircraft will be at 250ft at the end of your run (still 50ft above original homepoint). That's assuming you are able to ski the hill while holding the controller. :)

With AP, you can set the Phantom to follow a second device (Airspace) and it is able to maintain altitude relative to that device. Using the same ski example, the Phantom would still be at 50ft above the skier at the end of the run. The skier would also be able to give the controller to a third party who wouldn't not have to stay with the skier.

I'm just getting started with AP, but its autonomous modes are much more robust than DJI GO, I would say moreso for sports and following downhill, whereas many could "make do" with DJI GO for scenery only applications.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj