Litchi or Autopilot

This is all good information. Does any one know if Litchi has the capability to edit a waypoint during the course of z mission and reload the mission to include the edited waypoint? I believe that Auto Pilot does! Any comments are much appreciated.
Litchi for iOS does not allow this. You have stop, redownload and restart. I can't comment on android version. Autopilot does all this as you stated.

Thank you for getting back to me. It is much appreciated. Do you use AP and would you recommend it over Litchi?

Thank you for getting back to me. It is much appreciated. Do you use AP and would you recommend it over Litchi?
I use both. I only have iOS devices, so only use the current limited iOS version of litchi for quick simple waypoint flying. When I'm real serious and want to plan complex cinematic movements, then I use AP.
Here is a screen record of one of my AP missions. It shows me changing flight plan parameters in flight. The second vid is a final cut of several AP flights.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I use both. I only have iOS devices, so only use the current limited iOS version of litchi for quick simple waypoint flying. When I'm real serious and want to plan complex cinematic movements, then I use AP.
Here is a screen record of one of my AP missions. It shows me changing flight plan parameters in flight. The second vid is a final cut of several AP flights.

Great landscape video. Really creative shots. The seagull was killer. Did you have a sardine hanging off your P3 to capture that.;)
Amazing .

Very cool. I use ios litchi and as limited as it is compared to the Android version or auto pilot, you can still get some complex moves going with planning and imagination. I will likely grab auto pilot along the way but so far litchi has been getting it done. You can make it as simple or complex as you want. One thing is for sure, these apps are doing for the amature pilot what recording software and a couple good mics has done for the home recordist. It puts all the capability in your hands to get professional results. The only limiting factor is your imagination and creativity.

Mission Hub - Litchi

Nice flight! Ahh, snowy memories of my childhood in the Midwest. Not much of that here in Southern California unless I drive to mts.
Let me clarify my definition of complex movements. It's not really about number of waypoints. A few key actions:
- speed changes between waypoints
- focus points independent of waypoints
- flyover and wrap around movements with precise focus on a specific object then quickly transitioning to another.
An example of these is flying over a bridge at high speed then wrapping around to other side while descending and slowing to a crawl while viewing a car on top then transitioning to bottom of bridge. Kinda like an action scene of sorts.
AP allows you to change speeds and preview the interpolated or fixed focus points preflight. This helps ensure you get it perfect on one take. After a couple of test runs in the beginning, I usually am able to line it out in one actual run if I guess elevations correctly (also use google earth).

They are very cool videos and well done to all of you. I'm just starting out and I hope to get similar quality videos similar to those you all have posted, but it will take me some time. I have yet to fly my FA3. It's pretty cold here and I don't want to take any chances. Will start flying early spring, but for know I'm trying to take in as much information as possible and learn from veterans such as yourselves. Thank you all for your time and advice.

I did another litchi mission today. Figured this is a good place to demo what can be done. I think this was 44 waypoints, if I remember right. The flight went very well.

Why is nobody talking about FPV Camera?
It's working great for both my P3P en Inspire Pro.
Easy to use en quick response on questions bij email.
I had a few questions asked by email, but THE answers where actually allready in the help files.

Why is nobody talking about FPV Camera?
It's working great for both my P3P en Inspire Pro.
Easy to use en quick response on questions bij email.
I had a few questions asked by email, but THE answers where actually allready in the help files.
Because this is a litchi/auto pilot thread, lol. Look for or start an FPV thread.

Reactions: Fir3b1rd

The Autopilot home page states that there is a bug that causes the craft to auto land immediately when it loses signal. This has me concerned about using this app.

The Autopilot home page states that there is a bug that causes the craft to auto land immediately when it loses signal. This has me concerned about using this app.
It doesn't automatically land on signal loss. It will wait until critical battery is reached and then attempt to activate RTH if the home point is close enough, or perform an emergency landing if not. The key point is that if you are not flying at the edge of signal range, you are not at risk.

It doesn't automatically land on signal loss. It will wait until critical battery is reached and then attempt to activate RTH if the home point is close enough, or perform an emergency landing if not. The key point is that if you are not flying at the edge of signal range, you are not at risk.
What is the critical battery level? What does it do if it loses signal, hover in place?

What is the critical battery level? What does it do if it loses signal, hover in place?
Yes.... no doubt this issue will be resolved. I have continued to fly with autopilot , i just keep an eye on my signal strength and downlink video quality and stay within 1.2km of my home point... i also make sure im flying where an auto land either in place or along the return to home journey will only present a problem for the aircraft (ie usually over water).

I'm in both the Litchi and Autopilot betas and I'm concerned of using either at this point due to what I have been reading on these forums. Should I be concerned?

The critical battery level is the value that is set in the DJI GO app.

I'm in both the Litchi and Autopilot betas and I'm concerned of using either at this point due to what I have been reading on these forums. Should I be concerned?
We can't speak for Litchi, but as long as you are not operating Autopilot near the edge of signal range you have nothing to worry about.

So if I'm flying a mission and it loses signal, right now, with the current DJI firmware, what exactly happens? Will it autoland at the point it loses signal? I'm concerned if I'm over a pond on a golf course (which has a lot of trees and interference) it may land in a pond or a tree.

So if I'm flying a mission and it loses signal, right now, with the current DJI firmware, what exactly happens? Will it autoland at the point it loses signal? I'm concerned if I'm over a pond on a golf course (which has a lot of trees and interference) it may land in a pond or a tree.
Not sure how to state it more clearly than this:

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but when you say "it waits", does that mean it hovers in place until it reaches the critical battery setting I make in the DJI Go App? I'm thinking I can set the critical battery higher essentially providing a workaround for it to fly home when it loses signal. Thanks again for confirming.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers