Litchi or Autopilot

so currently with any any software? dji go, litchi, or autopilot the phantom 3 pro wont initiate RTH from signal loss until critical battery is reached? this seems to be a horrible flaw... i have been using litchi on current fw of AC and RC i have got to edge of the signal and lost signal but got it right back... knowing this now i will not fly to signal edge until this is fixed by dji... am i understanding this correctly?
Not correct. Problem not with litchi.

The RTH issue appears to be corrected with the latest firmware on the P4. We are continuing to do more extensive testing and will report back on the other aircraft types.
The firmware released on Apr 7, 2016 does correct the RTH issue for the Phantom 4, but the issue is still present for all other aircraft types. From DJI on why this firmware release did not contain the fix:

The background is this firmware release also wasn’t planned and primarily addressed a security enhancement we wanted to push out ASAP (and didn’t need all the normal flight control testing). With the exception of some minor issues, firmware for flight control, camera etc weren’t updated to the next major release (which is still under testing - and has been for a while) where the issue below is fixed. The “planned" firmware release is currently the end of April.

The firmware released on Apr 7, 2016 does correct the RTH issue for the Phantom 4, but the issue is still present for all other aircraft types. From DJI on why this firmware release did not contain the fix:

The background is this firmware release also wasn’t planned and primarily addressed a security enhancement we wanted to push out ASAP (and didn’t need all the normal flight control testing). With the exception of some minor issues, firmware for flight control, camera etc weren’t updated to the next major release (which is still under testing - and has been for a while) where the issue below is fixed. The “planned" firmware release is currently the end of April.
Thank you for keeping us informed. This is frustrating, we are at the mercy of DJI here. If they have, as they claimed, resolved the RTH bug in testing why not just release a patched firmware with the RTH issue resolved and save the other canges for the end of april? We will get there.

Thank you for keeping us informed. This is frustrating, we are at the mercy of DJI here. If they have, as they claimed, resolved the RTH bug in testing why not just release a patched firmware with the RTH issue resolved and save the other canges for the end of april? We will get there.

Because they do not have it resolved .....birds falling out of the sky is bad publicity....they need to fix this

Which is exactly why I don't have that application and won't have that application for my quad. No way, no how, would I purchase that app without it being fixed. I think it speaks loudly that it has not been fixed for the P3's.

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but when you say "it waits", does that mean it hovers in place until it reaches the critical battery setting I make in the DJI Go App? I'm thinking I can set the critical battery higher essentially providing a workaround for it to fly home when it loses signal. Thanks again for confirming.

What is a bit more of a concern NoOne is that it seems you need to spend a bit more time to read the DJI manual fully before flying. I would recommend this first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers