Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

I really appreciate any info or insigh

That large building is a town building. Nobody around in this area. The only footprints anywhere near the yellow line were mine and my wifes. With litchi, does it record a preview of your flight or screen? I did hit the record button before sending it up but as far as I can tell the video will still be on the card in the phantom itself.
I have scoured the area at the end of the yellow line with no luck. I have provided a pic of me pointing to it. I am going to go out and look in the woods beyond where I am pointing. (Off from work today)
Trees in foreground apper to be 50-60 ft. Trees in background.. mabey 80+ ft.

Just an idea... turn controller on... load that mission... walk it's path with controller in hand following path. It either hit a very tall tree and is there, or ran out of battery and either landed or was trying to return home to "Dad"..
This is exactly what I did the next day. My wife and I walked/ trudged through the forest following the yellow line. We were out there for about 4 hrs. She fell into a stream and got soaked. Thats when we had to turn back.

Sorry, "exremetm," but if the bird was out of RF contact, he wouldn't have any image recorded on his tablet, and since he doesn't have the bird, of course he can't look at the SD card!
I have lost mine before, when I was documenting the beach erosion at Edisto Beach after Hurricane Matthew, but I had it programmed to come back if it needs lost contact, fortunately it did but once was close because it was almost out of power.
I have never flown a Litchi mission, because I have never gotten past the step where it has to verify my account on the DJi servers. I don't know why, I have tried it at home with a known - good wifi signal, I have tried it in the field using my mobile hotspot, nothing works! It's very frustrating, and I haven't gotten any response to my emails to Litchi support either. All around, not happy with that app, so after seeing this thread, I'm SO GLAD that I never trusted my P3 Pro with that software!
I certainly hope you find your bird, but at best least you don't have as much invested in it like if it was a P3Pro, a P4 or an Inspire.

Sent from my SGP612 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Neon Euc and DaveD
Hate to be negative... But could the farmer shoot it out the sky if he thinks your trespassing. It's a pretty straight route thankfully so it would take an hour or so off walking that route. But also look on trees as it may have landed with a low battery and got caught up

Neon Euc
Its possible it could have been shot but it should have been moving at a 30mph.

I really appreciate any info or insigh

That large building is a town building. Nobody around in this area. The only footprints anywhere near the yellow line were mine and my wifes. With litchi, does it record a preview of your flight or screen? I did hit the record button before sending it up but as far as I can tell the video will still be on the card in the phantom itself.
I have scoured the area at the end of the yellow line with no luck. I have provided a pic of me pointing to it. I am going to go out and look in the woods beyond where I am pointing. (Off from work today)

I have dropbox setup to upload videos automatically through Android so if I ever do lose the drone the video is there. Just a thought that you may have done the same.

For future. Authorize the Pilot App to use photos. Also make sure the video cache mode is set to record.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
A weird thing is the day before I send it on a mission that was to take it out just past the large building behind my house and around in a small circle back to home. It went up and headed just past the large building and I got the lost signal message. I used the find my aircraft on litchi and it had crash landed just before the fenced in solar area. Not sure why. Bird had a broken prop and some scrapes but was ok. Took home cleaned up recalibrated everything and she flew fine that night and early the next day, no issues.

Could low temp have lowered battery flight time well below his expectation?

How was the wind that day? If it switched to ATTI mode then no GPS stabilization. Right? Then the wind has its way with the bird.

So maybe the search needs to be offset toward the side of where the breeze was blowing to.

I am going to head out now to go look again. Thanks for the responses so far guys.
Just got back from looking again. No luck. I looked beyond the area that ends in yellow in the wooded area all around the corners of the solar farm. The snow is pretty much gone now so it will be easier to spot I thought. I found a tree stand for deer hunting and climbed to the top and also looked around.

Bit confused here. It says landing battery at 87%. Also it might be my eyes but it looks like a one way mission.

Neon Euc
Battery was a 87% when he lost contact.

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc
Why not take your wifes advice and get the new bird at Target? You will be able to use it in your search.

Tobby

Reactions: chrislongley
Why not take your wifes advice and get the new bird at Target? You will be able to use it in your search.

Tobby
I did buy a new one on monday. Its maiden flight was this morning.Still would like to find the old one though.

I would fly it at a couple hundred feet with the camera pointed down over the predicted flight path. the wide field of view should cover a large area at that altitude. Record video of course so you can view the video on your monitor at home. Good luck.

Tobby

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT