Litchi Mission: Focus on POI Fails

Reaction score
Last night I (re)flew a mission which I have flow at least 20 times before. I knew there was a problem right at the start when it appeared on the video (feed) the drone was off course and the speed was much faster than planned. On the map however, the drone appeared to be following the right path. At that time I concluded I must have accidentally loaded the wrong mission albeit of the same location.

When this mission ended I reloaded/uploaded the mission and tried again. No problems what so ever. Speed was correct and the video feed I was watching showed the familiar path I saw when I ran this mission previous times. Upon completion I decided I would try one more time (reload/upload) to confirm all was well and that I did in fact load the wrong mission during my first attempt. When starting the mission I could tell almost immediately something was not right. Once again the speed was too high and the camera seemed to ignore the POI.

When I returned home I review all three videos. The first (and third) clearly showed the problem. The camera did not focus on any of the planned POI hence the appearance that the drone was way off course. The second vide (same mission) was spot on the POI as well as speed. Review the Litchi log files showed that during mission 1 and 3 the values for "GimbalPitchRaw" column remained at zero throughout the entire mission. During the second mission these values changed constantly. I uploaded the logs to phantomhelp.com and each mission followed the planned path perfectly.

I have had Litchi for over 6 months and use it (& mission option) almost exclusively. I have never had this problem before. Anyone??

Last night I (re)flew a mission which I have flow at least 20 times before. I knew there was a problem right at the start when it appeared on the video (feed) the drone was off course and the speed was much faster than planned. On the map however, the drone appeared to be following the right path. At that time I concluded I must have accidentally loaded the wrong mission albeit of the same location.

When this mission ended I reloaded/uploaded the mission and tried again. No problems what so ever. Speed was correct and the video feed I was watching showed the familiar path I saw when I ran this mission previous times. Upon completion I decided I would try one more time (reload/upload) to confirm all was well and that I did in fact load the wrong mission during my first attempt. When starting the mission I could tell almost immediately something was not right. Once again the speed was too high and the camera seemed to ignore the POI.

When I returned home I review all three videos. The first (and third) clearly showed the problem. The camera did not focus on any of the planned POI hence the appearance that the drone was way off course. The second vide (same mission) was spot on the POI as well as speed. Review the Litchi log files showed that during mission 1 and 3 the values for "GimbalPitchRaw" column remained at zero throughout the entire mission. During the second mission these values changed constantly. I uploaded the logs to phantomhelp.com and each mission followed the planned path perfectly.

I have had Litchi for over 6 months and use it (& mission option) almost exclusively. I have never had this problem before. Anyone??
My understanding is that although Litchi can fly a complete mission after losing RC signal, the gimbal will not respond without the RC connection. Might you have lost signal on flights 1 & 3?

My understanding is that although Litchi can fly a complete mission after losing RC signal, the gimbal will not respond without the RC connection. Might you have lost signal on flights 1 & 3?
Just checked the Litchi log and the drone was already past wp2 when I briefly lost my uplink. Throughout all 3 missions I never lost complete connection. At least no warnings were recorded. Another thing that is puzzling is the fact the speed was faster than planned.

Just checked the Litchi log and the drone was already past wp2 when I briefly lost my uplink. Throughout all 3 missions I never lost complete connection. At least no warnings were recorded. Another thing that is puzzling is the fact the speed was faster than planned.
Speed changes will also be lost if the control link is interrupted.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic