Litchi & Autopilot missions

Reaction score
Hey guys I have PH3S. I was curious if while using these apps on a way point mission and I'm on a hill side. If I set the altitude to let's say 15' off the ground will the flight mission maintain the 15' off the ground all the way down the hill side? Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

elevation of waypoint is relative to takeoff position. your aircraft will not adjust to changing ground altitude, you have to manually set changing height.

edit: there are tricks to use google earth to help setting constant altitude relative to ground, like this one:

You will need to either manually set the height at each waypoint or use the new 'relative to ground' feature in the latest litchi release where you can batch edit all your waypoints and have the mission adjusted according to google maps. Need to consider the terrain and any manmade structures and add a margin of error as it is not precise.

You will need to either manually set the height at each waypoint or use the new 'relative to ground' feature in the latest litchi release where you can batch edit all your waypoints and have the mission adjusted according to google maps. Need to consider the terrain and any manmade structures and add a margin of error as it is not precise.

oh wow there's 'relative to ground' in new litchi?
i definitely need to update :)

Y
oh wow there's 'relative to ground' in new litchi?
i definitely need to update :)
Yeah, it works a treat, just need to factor in a safety factor as I don't fully trust the new readings after the changes are applied given its using google maps and I live in an undulating area full of trees.

A frequent source of sorrow is using Google Earth to get elevation changes along a Litchi or Autopilot flight of waypoints - all fine and dandy - but failing to take into account the height of objects ON the ground along those waypoints - like TREES, BUILDINGS, etc. Nothing except perhaps a serious set of obstacle avoidance technologies will take this into account.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12