Litchi app?

Reaction score
at 25 bucks it seems pricey, but I really just want to know, does it still allow you to set waypoints? without flying it first? like the go app requires? or is that changed now?

I assume I could set a waypoint further then the distance my controller would reach?

What are your top 3 features you like about the 25 dollar app?

Thanks guys

I use it for waypoint missions flying. I had bought iOS version for $15, didn't check to see the current price. Yes you can set offline waypoints. I like it very much as it gives me freedom to plan well in advance for flying on hilly areas.

Reactions: Dounin Front
niec, I would be using it for Android, go figure it more expensive on an android device.

Android devices are cheaper but app is expensive :) Good Luck

at 25 bucks it seems pricey, but I really just want to know, does it still allow you to set waypoints? without flying it first? like the go app requires? or is that changed now?

I assume I could set a waypoint further then the distance my controller would reach?

What are your top 3 features you like about the 25 dollar app?

Thanks guys

I paid $25 for the android app then I stopped using the android tab and paid another $25 for the iPad ios all for waypoint...Now they added speed control for each waypoint which is what I was looking for when I first got it...

Top 3:

1. Waypoints without flying them first. Not sure why you would think that is no longer a feature since that's a top selling point.

2. It will continue to fly the mission even if it loses contact with the RC.

3. Easy to learn and "program" missions.

Have my P3 since mid May 15 when it first came out, only have Litchi from 17th last month, I bought for VR feature on iOS but now hooked on waypoints, like alokbhargava says above set up your mission from couch while it's raining & then when ok let her off, what's 25 bucks when you don't know what's round that corner, I've only tried VR & waypoints so far & flawless & so much more to explore, just go get it fastfed + it was a android app only in the beginning I believe
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467930859.135583.jpg

wait, so the android app does not give you waypoints? Is this true

Yes it has it...I can see how what I said was confusing but yes it does...I paid for it again to get Waypoint back is what I meant...That kinda pissed me off that I had to buy the ios after already having the android app but i got over it...

Last edited:
wow, so the app.. Its awesome.. First flight quickly was to make sure it responded the same, which I think it did (more on this in a minute)

The return to home, that was important to me, it had 3 settings hover, land and return to home, I selected return to home, flew it out about 1k feet, still in range and it returned to home just fine, although it tried to land rather then just hover, not sure I like that, but I usually cancel it once I get it back in range.

The way points, holy crap this is sick!
I did a quick short 8 point course and she did it perfectly. Not enough guts to go outside my range limit but I'm sure that will change :)

I changed the max distance from 1600 feet or whatever it was to 0, I assume 0 is the default for unlimited?

I did the orbital and that was awesome too!!

I tried to do the focus or track thing, where you put a square around your target (my niece for example) but for some reason it shut the camera off and all I saw was the square I made. It did follow her perfectly and kept the camera on target as well.

I did about 25-35 minutes total of playing around with it.

Now about the drone responding the same, it did I felt but maybe not, I noticed there was a setting to limit the control sticks or something? they were set at 75%, is this normal? whats the deal with that?

Is there a good video tutorial ? I checked youtube and wasn't so lucky

I paid $25 for the android app then I stopped using the android tab and paid another $25 for the iPad ios all for waypoint...Now they added speed control for each waypoint which is what I was looking for when I first got it...
Has anyone used the speed control yet?
I tried it to zoom back home to the last WP, but the speed didn't change fro 21mph to 29mph as expected. Are there other considerations?

Simply put, Litchi WP does elegantly what DJI Go app does not. Litchi continues to add functionality and telemetry with each update. Missions can be simply prepared on a PC or Mac and later performed from your device.
I do my manual flying from the Go App, but I run a Litchi mission daily - usually 2 to 3 miles.
PS- I never lose video, but I always fly high, at 300-400 ft with unobstructed LOS (signal anyway).

Simply put, Litchi WP does elegantly what DJI Go app does not. Litchi continues to add functionality and telemetry with each update. Missions can be simply prepared on a PC or Mac and later performed from your device.
I do my manual flying from the Go App, but I run a Litchi mission daily - usually 2 to 3 miles.
PS- I never lose video, but I always fly high, at 300-400 ft with unobstructed LOS (signal anyway).

Hi Dounin equally you can prepare missions on your device but easier on pc/mac well for my eyes

Reactions: Dounin Front
Can you use Litchi across 2 devices? I purchased it on my tablet and would like to have it on my phone. Both are android.

I use it on two iOS devices, phone and tablet.
One purchase

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Let me ask, why don't you use the Litchi app for normal flying? I used it today and see no difference between the two

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl