Litchi app?

Let me ask, why don't you use the Litchi app for normal flying? I used it today and see no difference between the two

The Go app allows much more telemetry; the radar, battery voltage meters etc than Litchi. I'm the same, manual missions, I use Go. For pre-planned missions I use Litchi.

Not mentioned yet, the pano function is awesome. Alhough you can take the pics manually it is much better to let Litchi do it until you take a rest of the RC.

Reactions: Dounin Front
The Go app allows much more telemetry; the radar, battery voltage meters etc than Litchi. I'm the same, manual missions, I use Go. For pre-planned missions I use Litchi.

My litchi app has voltage meter and radar, not sure about better telemetry though, where can I see that information ?

I'm not sure that's true in their latest versions.

In fairness, there have been a number of updates since I used it last. The weather has been that bad in Ireland recently / work has been busy /I've run out of things to film that I haven't flown in a full month. Planning to get out tonight though!

Has anyone used the speed control yet?
I tried it to zoom back home to the last WP, but the speed didn't change fro 21mph to 29mph as expected. Are there other considerations?

I haven't...I'll be trying it this weekend some time...Hope it does...I hear you may need an RC signal for the speed change to work...

I haven't...I'll be trying it this weekend some time...Hope it does...I hear you may need an RC signal for the speed change to work...
That makes sense. I've yet to program a mission that loses signal and they often go out 1.5 miles from the HP. I'll have to read up on the wp speed change characteristics.

Last edited:
One of the coolest features in Litchi, IMO: you can manually fly somewhere, set your heading and camera pitch, press C1 to get your shot framed perfectly, then move to your next waypoint and repeat. Then run your mission. You can even set POI's this way.

Full instructions:
POI Method

General Settings
Set Custom Button 1 to "Waypoint at Aircraft"
Set Custom Button 2 to "POI at Aircraft"
Mission Settings
Set Cruising Speed to 0 and RC Speed to the highest speed you want the
aircraft to travel.
Set Default Gimbal Pitch to "Focus POI"
Steps
Fly the Phantom to the Waypoint 1 location and press Custom Button 1.
Fly the Phantom to the POI location associated with the Waypoint 1 and
press Custom Button 2
Fly the Phantom to the Waypoint 2 location and press Custom Button 1
Fly the Phantom to the POI location associated with the Waypoint 2 and
press Custom Button 2
Run the mission.
Note : Rotation defaults to the shortest path but can be modified in
Mission Settings.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Dounin Front
Before buying from any vendor, I try to access their support or "HELP" structure to find a place that gives information on
- phone support
- chat support
- e-mail support

If that information is not available, that is one strike against the vendor which my cause me to quickly seek an alternative vendor.

Currently, a big question I am trying to get an answer to is future plans (if any) for the DJI Phantom Pro 4+. Did DJI release API's for the PLUS? Is DJI encouraging application development for the PLUS? Having a bright screen reduces the need for FPV goggles which I use with my P3P. The problem with FPV goggles, if you follow the FAA rules, you need one or more spotters. So the brighter screen seemed to be a good idea. Unfortunately, DJI has not released their long term policy on keeping the P4P Plus software support at the same level as the P4P.

Last edited:
Before buying from any vendor, I try to assess their support or "HELP" structure. Is that anyplace they gives
- phone support
- chat support
- e-mail support

A big question I am trying to get an answer to is future plans (if any) for the DJI Phantom Pro 4+. Did DJI release API's for the PLUS? Is DJI encouraging application development for the PLUS? Having a bright screen reduces the need for FPV goggles which I use with my P3P. The problem with FPV goggles, if you follow the FAA rules, you need one or more spotters. So the brighter screen seemed to be a good idea. Unfortunately, DJI has not released their long term policy on keeping the P4P Plus software support at the same level as the P4P.
Good questions.
If you have questions for Litchi, they also have a forum that is monitored by their techs. I have found them normally to offer quick responses.
Google Groups
Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4