Litchi app or DJI Go

I had to switch to Litchi back in November. DJI GO kept crashing on me. I put off upgrading because of comments I read about bugs in the newer versions but I finally did so. Then, the app thought my drone was an Inspire 2 (I think that is what it said). I could find nothing that referenced to a Phantom 4. So, I bought Litchi and have never regretted it. Best $23 I have spent! At first, I flew FPV and was very cautious because my first P4 flipped upside down and flew into the ground. DJI sent me a new one but never told me why or what happened! I finally gave up with their customer service and got back to flying, gradually venturing farther out and watching the signal level, etc. THEN, I read up on the Waypoint missions and Mission Hub. Had I been missing all that? I first programmed an Orbit mission to fly around the house as I cautiously watched. Everything went well so I tested a Waypoint mission, a short one. It flew perfectly and got me to thinking. I then programmed a waypoint mission straight away from me out to a mile and back while I watched the signal levels. After I was relieved that the drone flew that far and back with almost 100% signal I got brave. I programmed longer missions with several POI's and waypoints of different altitudes. I got some great videos of our neighborhood from a long way away at 400 feet high. Next I got on the Mission Hub and went wild planning missions and flying them, then altering the POI's and Waypoints to only fly them again. My farthest distance so far is 7,140 feet and still had a 100% signal, mainly because I had bought the parabolic reflectors for the antennas from Amazon. The longest flight time has been 21 minutes and 40 seconds still with 36% battery remaining so I am gradually increasing route and away distance. However in the back of my mind I still can see my first P4 flying upside down into the ground so I shake myself loose and get back to reality sometimes. However, I always fly Litchi and 90% of my flights are preplanned Waypoint missions dreamed up on Mission Hub. If anyone reading this has not tried it, they should in my opinion....

Thanks for reading all that and fly Litchi!
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Neon Euc
Recommendation? Who prefers what? Which one works better?
Litchi awsome compared to go4 only fault is playback of vidios,had to get vidio editor just to clip vids ,i can now fly properly without having disconections and rth like dji was givin me,,:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka