Litchi app or DJI Go

Very new to this fun so not much experience with either but the Litchi seems to me to be head and shoulders above in what it can do. Might be my lack of knowledge
talking though!

What are some of the features that make the Litchi app better? I just bought a Phantom 4 two weeks ago and the Litchi app days ago and so far what I like is the ease of making flying missions and the ability to save them. I also just signed up for this forum tonight to learn what I can to keep my Phantom 4 safe. I had a bad experience, "flyaway" with a Phantom 2 Vision Plus two years ago. I started reading about the Phantom 4's and watching You Tube video tutorials, which put me a little more at ease in investing my money in one. With every new Phantom made, DJI seems to be working out the bugs. So whatever information I can get from everyone's expertise and/or experience would be greatly appreciated.

I use mine for autonomous missions and so far have not had to worry about losing signal and crapping myself. I'm still learning how to use the camera functions as you can focus more on that rather than flying. I use healthy drones to check out each each flight so it takes the whole experience to another level. You still the dji app to set up some settings but the rest can be managed through litchi.

As far as I can tell, GO is still required do do the high level calibrations ie IMU, when needed, however you can perform a Compass Calibration with Litchi. At first, I used Litchi for Missions and GO for casual flying however ever since Go switched over to the unacceptable HERE Maps while Litchi still uses Google Maps. I use Litchi 100% of the time. I also like the Litchi voice notifications.

I just got a P4 work well on my phone. I bought a Samsung tablet download the DJI App, it worked well for a day then disconnect. I uninstall the App, reset the Tablet. I then went back to reinstall the DJI app but it will not give me the option to download. what other app can I use? is litchi good the free version or the paid version?

What are some of the features that make the Litchi app better? I just bought a Phantom 4 two weeks ago and the Litchi app days ago and so far what I like is the ease of making flying missions and the ability to save them. I also just signed up for this forum tonight to learn what I can to keep my Phantom 4 safe. I had a bad experience, "flyaway" with a Phantom 2 Vision Plus two years ago. I started reading about the Phantom 4's and watching You Tube video tutorials, which put me a little more at ease in investing my money in one. With every new Phantom made, DJI seems to be working out the bugs. So whatever information I can get from everyone's expertise and/or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Are you using the app on a tablet?

I just used Litchi for the first time, today, and I am sold on it. The simple fact that the night before you want to fly , you can lay out a course and go fly that course, not something you can do with DJ go. The only way you can lay down waypoints in DJ go is that actually go there first manually and bird must be live. The Litchi reminds me of the Garmin Marine software I used for years. I also like that I can record the screen so it just makes a movie of what I'm seeing on the screen through the whole flight, and uses the mic at my iPad mini to record voice documentary. Great way to learn.

I just ran my first 8 waypoint mission today through Litchi, really nicely executed.

Last edited:
Why does Litchi only have 7 reviews in the App Store and they're not so good?

I don't know why litchi only has 7 reviews but it is a far better app than the DJI Go app. DJI has a bad habit of dumbing down their software updates that are available for their older models (in order to entice you to buyer their newer model). Waypoint missions are on Litchi are amazing. Definitely worth the price for alone for the waypoint missions. DJI version of waypoints are very limited because you need to fly to each waypoint before you can set it.

Additionally, if you are flying FPV in any type of urban environment the DJI app gives you too many cautionary warnings. This is super annoying, you don't have that problem when flying litchi.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I use DJI go for live Facebook streaming and litchi for everything else. Only problem with litchi is sometimes loading a mission fails. Even after 10 attempts it still won't do it. Sometimes it works flawless

Neon Euc

I use DJI go for live Facebook streaming and litchi for everything else. Only problem with litchi is sometimes loading a mission fails. Even after 10 attempts it still won't do it. Sometimes it works flawless

Neon Euc

Wow, I didn't know we could do live streaming with the DJI GO app! Can I do that with DJIGO4?

Wow, I didn't know we could do live streaming with the DJI GO app! Can I do that with DJIGO4?
1483725190168.png

It's all there buddy [emoji4] [emoji4]

Neon Euc

Do you have to pull SD from P4 in order to see video or pics though in Litchi? Easy with D go 4 to review...am I missing something?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic