Lightbridge...

Reaction score
So, the phantom 3 pro is supposed to have lightbridge built into the controller, however i cannot finad anz information anzwhere, in the manuel or online about how to use it... i have a video link as normal in the dji go app, however its about 1-2 seconds of latency and very low quality, and in the lightbridge app i#ve never got anything but connection broken. Could anyone explain what this lightbridge actually is and how it works? there is literally no information on it for the p3p, only as a seporate standalone unit.

Lightbridge is used automatically for the RC to communicate with the P3 for video/data... you don't have to know how to use it... it's the only way they communicate...

So, the phantom 3 pro is supposed to have lightbridge built into the controller, however i cannot finad anz information anzwhere, in the manuel or online about how to use it... i have a video link as normal in the dji go app, however its about 1-2 seconds of latency and very low quality, and in the lightbridge app i#ve never got anything but connection broken. Could anyone explain what this lightbridge actually is and how it works? there is literally no information on it for the p3p, only as a seporate standalone unit.
Lightbridge is the system that DJI use to handle control and video signal between the controller and Phantom 3pro and some of their other machines.
Most other drones use wifi but the P3 pro uses Lightbridge which gives much better video and control over much greater distances.

Lightbridge is used automatically for the RC to communicate with the P3 for video/data... you don't have to know how to use it... it's the only way they communicate...
Correct.

Ok, so the video signal i get on my phone in the dji go app is from lightbridge, perhaps my phone is the cause, it's currently a s3 mini and not exactly the best thing for this it would seem. I'll try a different one later today.
edit- one more question, is there any way to output video to a tv screen / monitor?

I thought the pro used wifi and it was only the advanced that used lightbridge?

My bad, it appears the pro uses lightbridge too, I could of sworn I'd didn't which is one of the reasons I favoured the advanced

DJI make an hdmi module that replaces the standard usb section of the rc unit - judging by the youtube tutorials on the upgrade installation, I think even non-techies like myself could install the unit (for p3a and p3p only I believe)

If I were to swap to this module and then use a hdmi monitor instead of a tablet then how and where to you install the dji go app to?

At the time of getting mine the P3A 4k wasn't around, was only the P3S, P3A P3P, when i compared the specs I'm sure it was the advanced that had lightbridge and pro was wifi

Reactions: Doink
If I were to swap to this module and then use a hdmi monitor instead of a tablet then how and where to you install the dji go app to?

You still need to use a device that can run the Go app like iPad or Android.
Using an HDMI monitor would be your second device
Most people use the HDMI for FPV goggles.

Reactions: Doink
You still need to use a device that can run the Go app like iPad or Android.
Using an HDMI monitor would be your second device
Most people use the HDMI for FPV goggles.

I thought that would be it, the monitor would be the second device, as for goggles I assume they would just be plug and play with no other add ons required?

What are the limitations of the Phantom Standard (Wi-Fi) vs Advanced/Pro (Lightbridge variation of Wi-Fi)? (I have P3P but I'd like to be properly informed because some friends are going to ask my for my advice soon).

Does the Phantom Standard RC connect to the mobile via the more error-prone Wi-Fi vs USB? Is its max RC-to-AC distance shorter -- can apps like Litchi still work when there is no RC connection? Other limitations?

What are the limitations of the Phantom Standard (Wi-Fi) vs Advanced/Pro (Lightbridge variation of Wi-Fi)? (I have P3P but I'd like to be properly informed because some friends are going to ask my for my advice soon).

Lightbridge is DJI's fancy name for their radio transmitter. It can send a signal to the P3A and P2P from 1.5 miles up to 3 miles. WiFi on the P3S's use a wifi booster to send a wifi signal up to 2500' to the P3S's.

Does the Phantom Standard RC connect to the mobile via the more error-prone Wi-Fi vs USB? Is its max RC-to-AC distance shorter -- can apps like Litchi still work when there is no RC connection? Other limitations?
Correct, it connects to the transmitter using Wifi, not a USB cable. Litchi runs on the Standards. Nothing will work if the transmitter is not connected to the Phantom. It's the main controller.

Lightbridge is DJI's fancy name for their radio transmitter. It can send a signal to the P3A and P2P from 1.5 miles up to 3 miles. WiFi on the P3S's use a wifi booster to send a wifi signal up to 2500' to the P3S's.

Thanks. But is it true that Lightbridge is a variation of Wi-Fi that omits some error correction that is just unnecessary bloat when controlling the AC?

Thanks. But is it true that Lightbridge is a variation of Wi-Fi that omits some error correction that is just unnecessary bloat when controlling the AC?

I suspect if anyone thinks this that they are getting it only from knowing both operate in the 2.4Ghz range. That is, they think anything in that range is "wifi".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl