Letchi auto return

Reaction score
Question does Litchi auto return if you are loose signal? If you set waypoints at a distance what would happen if you lost signal with Litchi. I know with the DJI Go app it would return I think

Does not matter if it is in F mode and doing waypoints. Will it finish the waypoints and then return to home or just come home before completing waypoint if out of range?

It returns to the homepoint after loosing your signal.
Does not matter if it is in F mode and doing waypoints. Will it finish the waypoints and then return to home or just come home before completing waypoint if out of range?

Sry I did not read your question good. When you do waypoints its in autonomous flight. So than RTH will not kick in. After the last waypoint it will return home. If you want the aircraft come home during the waypoint mission you have too flip the switch back to the p position. You will be back in control.

Just to clarify, for it to RTH, you must set RTH on the last waypoint, otherwise if you don't set RTH in the last waypoint it will just sit there at the last waypoint.

As a good rule of thumb always have your last waypoint very close to you and the RC, that way RTH is really not needed.

Standard its on RTH, but to be on the save side its a good idea to make the last waypoint near you ore the rc.

Last edited:
Standard its on RTH, but to be on the save sight its a good idea to make the last waypoint near you ore the rc.
I am not sure what you mean by "Standard its on RTH", if you create a waypoint mission, say a straight line one mile from the RC's position and the last point is at that one mile point it will NOT RTH unless you manually set the "Finish Action" in the Mission Settings to either 1.None 2. Go Home 3. Land 4. Back to First Waypoint , if you don't set one of these actions to finish your mission it will stay where it is, of course if it is out of range of the RC, I believe then it should RTH automatically, but why would you ever take that chance..

So if you don't set it, it will not RTH during a waypoint mission that is in progress.

So also to clarify the original posters first question in their first post, if you run a waypoint mission, litchi will program the phantom to complete the mission, hence the reason to be careful on where you end that mission and my suggestion above that you end it close by the RC.

Sorry for my bad englisch, when you make a waypoint mission. Like you said one line, it will auto RTH when the mission is on its end. Its the standard position the app is on. In android and ios. It will go home. Yes you can choose which action but if you do nothing it will RTH. Android 2.6.6 and the latest ios

I think we will just have to agree that we disagree on this point.

No problem everyone can test the behaviour by creating a small mission and seeing what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So also to clarify the original posters first question in their first post, if you run a waypoint mission, litchi will program the phantom to complete the mission, hence the reason to be careful on where you end that mission and my suggestion above that you end it close by the RC
That is correct.

A well planned waypoint GS mission will end near where it started based upon the waypoint entries (presumably where the pilot is still located)... or as noted configure the mission settings finish action to be either "None", "Go Home", "Land" or "Back to First Waypoint" depending on the desired outcome.

While a waypoint GS mission is actively running, any loss of connection to the RC will be ignored and NOT trigger the RTH function...

Reactions: JBG
Like you said one line, it will auto RTH when the mission is on its end
NOT correct. It will only do exactly what the mission is configured for it to do. There is NOT a "default RTH" at the end of a mission.

If the mission configuration "finish action" is set as "none", then once the last waypoint has been reached, the P3 will just stop and hover... if it is within RC range and you do nothing, then it will hover in place until critical battery point is reached and THEN it will trigger the RTH.

That is correct.

A well planned waypoint GS mission will end near where it started based upon the waypoint entries (presumably where the pilot is still located)... or as noted configure the mission settings finish action to be either "None", "Go Home", "Land" or "Back to First Waypoint" depending on the desired outcome.

While a waypoint GS mission is actively running, any loss of connection to the RC will be ignored and NOT trigger the RTH function...

True it will finish her mission. And than come home.

Sorry but that is not correct, unless you set the finish action to go home, by default it is set to None.

Yes by default, thats the word I was searching for. [emoji3]Maybe I've got a dutch version but mine is by default on RTH, also on the IOS version, strange..

So of you open your version, and goto ground station and choose mission settings your "Finish Action" is set to "Go Home"

See attached photo as comparison of our mission setting for default finish action.
f74ffbea03ec334384e2a87ea6535be1.jpg

Maybe I've got a dutch version but mine is by default on RTH, also on the IOS version, strange.
Indeed, quite strange... on Android, every waypoint GS mission I've ever created the default "finish action" defaults to "None".

The most important thing here is simply to know exactly how the mission is configured. It will only return home during the activtely running mission if it's configured to do so in the mission specifically.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl