Leds blinking green and red in flight

Reaction score
I fly in Naza mode and just got back from a flight where my Leds would blink twice green then once red. It went away after a few minutes. Was in GPS mode. I didnt see this color patern on the chart included on the TX. What does it mean?

The GPS mode, rear arm LED, flashing sequences:

Green, Red, Red, Red= <5 Satellites (SV) acquired
Green, Red, Red= 5 SVs
Green, Red= 6 SVs
Green, Green, etc.= >6 SVs

N017RW said:
The GPS mode, rear arm LED, flashing sequences:

Green, Red, Red, Red= <5 Satellites (SV) acquired
Green, Red, Red= 5 SVs
Green, Red= 6 SVs
Green, Green, etc.= >6 SVs

Ok so mine is going Green, Green, Red. I had only noticed it flashing Green in the past, after the initial startup.

Sorry.

Typo.. Green, Green, Red =6 satellites

It's the minimum sats required for GPS related 'assistance'.

Thanks for the info guys. Makes sense now. GS was showing GPS mode but it must not have had 6 sattelites.

Exactly.

Just be careful with 6. It can drop to 5 & if you do not pay attention on the app, you will be in atti. Easy to drift away without you knowing it or if low enough, can hit a obstacle.

Larry L said:
Just be careful with 6. It can drop to 5 & if you do not pay attention on the app, you will be in atti. Easy to drift away without you knowing it or if
low enough, can hit a obstacle.

I do keep an eye on it usually. I have been happy to see that most places I go I usually have 9 or more sattelites. I have not had one drop yet. This last time it was right after start up so I guess it had not had time to connect to 6.

ccase39 said:
Larry L said:
Just be careful with 6. It can drop to 5 & if you do not pay attention on the app, you will be in atti. Easy to drift away without you knowing it or if
low enough, can hit a obstacle.

I do keep an eye on it usually. I have been happy to see that most places I go I usually have 9 or more sattelites. I have not had one drop yet. This last time it was right after start up so I guess it had not had time to connect to 6.
Yep normally that is the way it is. I have never lost enough to put me in atti, I do know it happens though. :eek:

ccase39 said:
I fly in Naza mode and just got back from a flight where my Leds would blink twice green then once red. It went away after a few minutes. Was in GPS mode. I didnt see this color patern on the chart included on the TX. What does it mean?

I didn't see this answered here really. What I think it is: In NAZA mode, and GPS mode, two green flashes followed by one red means you have 6 satellites and the sticks are not centered. When the sticks are centered and you have 6 satellites and in GPS mode, you will get one green and one red.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94