Learning To Fly And Taken It Slow

Reaction score
This is the fourth time I have had it out. I'm going slow at getting use to it. Firmware all updated. I will say doing all the reading on here of them dropping out of the sky, make me nervous.

Plus after updated firmware I want to take it here to calibrating the compass. I have a steel roof on my house.

Watch out for those trees......when you get a bit more confident, they have a nasty habit of coming to get you!

Reactions: CCDD
Don't be scared to fly it... Read the manual. Charge the batteries fully prior to flying it. Make sure your compass is calibrated. Let it hover a little while to warm up. Don't fly in high winds.

I would plus one on those that say fly it higher than the trees. First time I flew mine it was in an area that had a little interference. Went into ATTI mode and started to drift a little. Funny thing is I didn't really recognize the difference because there was virtually no wind.. 4-5 mph...

These things are pretty stable. I wouldn't be too worried about it coming to the ground.. Fly it! I'm new at this too. I recommend getting a small trainer to fly inside your house for practice will really help with getting the orientation down.

Going slow is the right approach. It takes a while to gain confidence in the bird and the app. Trees, lines and towers are much greater hazards than a fly away or critical battery error.

You are doing good.

I'm concerned about steel roof as that would definitely affect compass calibration.

Fly at 100-150 height. Start always with fully charged batteries.

That is why I took it over to that park 1/4 mile from my house. I did the firmware updates Sunday and the compass calibration need to be done. I live in a small subdivision and had steel roof put on a few year back. I did not want to have to worry about replace it again in my life. Plus I save $519 a year on homeowners insurance with it. I just want to see if it hover good and stay in beginner mode. The closes tree I got to was like 25 or 30 feet to my right of me. The wind was at the most 6 mph that day. I felt safe in the spot I was in and the way I was check it out.

Good Job, I have been flying for a few days and I realize I literally flew the exact same way as you. Its pretty nerve wrecking but I am sure in time I will be buzzing around :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl