Latest Firmware Update?

Reaction score
I took my Phantom 4 Pro out this morning and noticed that there was no firmware upgrade indicated by the usual red "X" in the upper left hand corner of the screen as there sometimes is when a firmware update is requested by DJI.

I just assumed that the new/latest firmware that apparently asks you to re-register would have been there by now but it wasn't.

Can anyone tell me if this latest firmware with the re-registration option has been released yet, and perhaps help me understand why it was not on my screen this morning?

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks everyone.

Bud

Hi;

I will have when I can get the case in from the vehicle. I cannot do that until my son comes over later today as I'm wheelchair pilot also and can't do some things I used to do.

I will take a photo as soon as I get it in the house though.

Thanks for the reply.

Bud

Do you have a photo you can share?

I took my Phantom 4 Pro out this morning and noticed that there was no firmware upgrade indicated by the usual red "X" in the upper left hand corner of the screen as there sometimes is when a firmware update is requested by DJI.

I just assumed that the new/latest firmware that apparently asks you to re-register would have been there by now but it wasn't.

Can anyone tell me if this latest firmware with the re-registration option has been released yet, and perhaps help me understand why it was not on my screen this morning?

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks everyone.

Bud
The latest version V 01.04.0602 has been released on the 8th June. Having said that, there are a lot of people who are having issues with it so you might want to hold off for a bit & see if DJI release another quick update.....unlikely!!

Not sure why it's not showing on your device though. Try connecting P4P through DJI assistant 2.

Phantom 4 Pro Firmware

PhantomPilots

Stay away from the recent update or update at your own risk. I have a "new" not flown yet p4p+ that I updated the other day and have gimbal loud vibration issue and gimbal calibration failure at 50%.

Issues was not present before update. This issue is not new as I have found old video in this forum going back to a year ago. Not sure why the issue would reappear now again with latest firmware as of early June 2017.

Reactions: TrustyCowDog
UPDATE: Issue fixed by reverting back to previous firmware via the DJI assistant 2 app. The vibration occurred just once after reboot and since not reappeared. I was able to calibrate gimbal with no issues. My issues appear to be related to the early June firmware update.

If you use Autopilot, I would hold off for a while. This message has been posted on the Autopilot support site:

We recently discovered an issue that may cause Autopilot to become unresponsive when first connecting to the Phantom 4 Pro v01.04.0602 and the Mavic Pro v01.03.0800. The root cause of this issue has not been identified, but it appears to be related to the recent firmware updates.

You may downgrade your firmware (Phantom 4 Pro v01.03.0509 & Mavic Pro v01.03.0700) to continue using Autopilot at this time. Please note that you will need to open DJI Go 4 first to establish connection. Once you have confirmed video feed, terminate DJI Go 4 and then open Autopilot.

We will continue to post updates as they become available.

Stay away from the recent update or update at your own risk. I have a "new" not flown yet p4p+ that I updated the other day and have gimbal loud vibration issue and gimbal calibration failure at 50%.

Issues was not present before update. This issue is not new as I have found old video in this forum going back to a year ago. Not sure why the issue would reappear now again with latest firmware as of early June 2017.
Exact same thing happened when I updated my P4A. Downgraded and seems fine.

Reactions: mindstorm

Thanks for this message confirming this for me. I have the exact same experience with a loud and jacked up gimbal. I'm attempting to revert back to the previous firmware update now to try to solve this issue.

Thanks for all the kind replies everyone, and I apologize for not replying. I've been ill this past week or so and I'm just now getting back up and at 'em again.

I went out this morning but when I turned everything on ready to fly I was presented with two check boxes that asked me if I was ok flying here and so I checked the boxes. Then when I clicked on the blue text underneath that it came up with a whites screen that basically said, No Network and wouldn't go into the DJI Go4 App as it normally does. I could fly, but with no Go4 App on the screen. I was under the impression that this was not a "forced" firmware update but apparently I had no choice in the matter, or at least I didn't notice any options.

When I got home I figured I may as well do the firmware update I'd been dreading and it hung up at 99%. It also kept telling me that some device was likely not compatible and I had to click "OK" to get rid of that popup.

After about 45 minutes or so of waiting for it to go past 99% I tried a lot of things. Changing lightning cable, thinking hard etc., but with no solution. I finally said "$%%^$&" and shut it off, rebooted the Phantom 4 Pro and it suddenly went into updating the Remote Control unit. That went alright and after all was said and done everything (including the Phantom firmware update) seemed to be working fine. No red "X" was prompting me to do a Firmware update as it was before.

I haven't flown it yet but later today will have a look to see what changes were made to my setup, and I'm hoping there were none. I hope everything else will be alright also but I guess I won't know until I fly it again, perhaps later today.

Once again, I apologize for not getting back to all that replies to my original post.

Regards

Bud

Bud,
That's EXACTLY how my upgrade went. Now that everything is updated......drone, controller and app, I have not experienced any problems. Well, maybe one; the video on my ipad mini 4 drops out often. I have flown about one hour total time (most with litchi) since the updates, and everything works great.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello