Latest DJI update 2.8.3 troubles

Reaction score
Latest DJI Go 2.8.3 has not fixed short distance transmission drop out issue. Has made no difference to previous version that "knobbled" my P3 Pro. Have fiddled with it all day trying all the usual proposed fixes but no go. Has anyone else had the same problem with the "supposed" fix?

2.8.3 only targeted P4 for transmission issues.. The original release notes included P3A and P3P, but was later changed to P4 only. If you are having issues, post (along with flight record) on DJI Forum. DJI-Tim is collecting information to send to China..

DJI GO 2.8.3 IOS App has been released !

Same problem,tried everything,still (NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION) WTF! p3p was fine until I updated.I guess I got an expensive paper weight. DJI needs to get off their ***'s and deal with this ********!

Same problem,tried everything,still (NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION) WTF! p3p was fine until I updated.I guess I got an expensive paper weight. DJI needs to get off their ***'s and deal with this ********!

Are you talking Image break up in flight, or absolutely No Image even when testing in the house (for example). Different issues.. One can be possibly fixed with a reset of the smart device you're using (or could possibly corrupted video module in top of gimbal).. The other is transmission breaks up in short distances while flying.. Did you do a recent firmware update as well or just update to the app?

If just the app, try deleting and reloading the app.. if that doesn't work (and IOS device - not sure on Android) do a reset and restore from back up using iTunes not the reset on the device itself.

If you did a firmware update, you need to look at the hidden log file (google it) and lines 0800 and 1500.. If "device not detected" you need to call DJI... could be video module corrupted during fw upgrade.. Can happen if the Remote Control is "ON" when doing firmware upgrade to the aircraft..

When I updated my iPad Mini 2 to 2.8.0 I had the same problem. A look in the settings, it had defaulted to Manual. Switching to Auto fixed the issue. No problems since then and I'm on 2.8.3.

SB

Thanks for the reply guys. JaysCT I am losing transmission signal from RC to drone at about 60 to 100 meters. Screen goes blank and red message on screen "Transmission Lost" and drone flies home. I am running DJI Go 2.8.3 on both Android and IOS. Have tried 2 different RC's and same problem came up. Yes I updated both RC, DJI Go and drone. RC was off when drone updated. Tried all your suggestions except look at the hidden log file, I don't quite know how to find it. I have 2 P3 Pros, one is in China for repair right now for a problem they can't find but it completely killed two batteries.
Scott I really feel your frustration, I have had 3 DJI drones fail and have to go back for repair. It really shits me off as well. I am a commercial operator and have no drones at the moment, not good for my business. Thank you all for your replies. JaysCT can you please give me some info about how to find these hidden files. Also can I update drone using micro USB on the side of the drone rather than use micro SD in the gimbal? I always use bin files on micro SD. Thanks again, kind regards Mike.

Sagebrush which area in settings did you change? Was it camera settings?
I always run my camera on Manual, is this what you mean or is there something I have missed? Regards Mike

If this thread is about losing RC connection then I'll point out that that this is different then just lost video transmission. So it's difficult to address these different issues within the same thread.

Reactions: JayS_CT
Thanks for the reply guys. JaysCT I am losing transmission signal from RC to drone at about 60 to 100 meters. Screen goes blank and red message on screen "Transmission Lost" and drone flies home. I am running DJI Go 2.8.3 on both Android and IOS. Have tried 2 different RC's and same problem came up. Yes I updated both RC, DJI Go and drone. RC was off when drone updated. Tried all your suggestions except look at the hidden log file, I don't quite know how to find it. I have 2 P3 Pros, one is in China for repair right now for a problem they can't find but it completely killed two batteries.
Scott I really feel your frustration, I have had 3 DJI drones fail and have to go back for repair. It really shits me off as well. I am a commercial operator and have no drones at the moment, not good for my business. Thank you all for your replies. JaysCT can you please give me some info about how to find these hidden files. Also can I update drone using micro USB on the side of the drone rather than use micro SD in the gimbal? I always use bin files on micro SD. Thanks again, kind regards Mike.

Mike,

There are a number of threads on the hidden file.. A couple of videos

Windows:

OSX:

Just be careful in Terminal mode in OSX. But if you're getting video, but it's intermittent and losing it on different distances, then the Video Transmission module isn't damaged (likely). That's why I asked about the "NO Video".. You can still check the hidden files but 0800 and 1500 should be fine. Again, one issue appears to be related to the app, the other is a hardware failure.

If you're consistently losing the video transmission and you've tried all the other things (reset the device with iTunes, reload the app, etc.) than you need to upload flight log data over on the DJI forum. You're not the only person reporting this with 2.8.3 there. Here's the forum thread. Suggest you either call DJI tech support or post information (video is you can get it of it happening in flight) here:

DJI GO 2.8.3 IOS App has been released !

DJI-Tim is collecting and sending to R&D. What versions of the firmware are you on? I am on 1.8 (Aircraft), 1.6 (RC) and running 2.8.1 (P3P). You can also try to restore from a backup to 2.8.1 and see if that helps. If you can't restore from a backup, a lot of people have used the following to reload an older version of the app.. Follow the steps closely..

How to download older versions of iOS apps

There are a number of different threads on the DJI forum about 2.8.2 and 2.8.3.. I'd suggest jumping over there and checking them all if you can.. Lastly, I don't think you can use the Micro USB port to do a firmware upgrade, only the Micro SD, but could be wrong..

Last edited:
Sagebrush which area in settings did you change? Was it camera settings?
I always run my camera on Manual, is this what you mean or is there something I have missed? Regards Mike

The Image Transmissions Settings under HD.

I hope this helps.

SB

If this thread is about losing RC connection then I'll point out that that this is different then just lost video transmission. So it's difficult to address these different issues within the same thread.

Agreed.. Two different issues.. One is transmission, the other could indicate hardware failure..

To All.. Just a word of caution when doing a firmware upgrade.. Make sure the RC is powered OFF when updating aircraft fw and vice versa. Having the RC on when updating the Aircraft (according to some) runs the risk of corrupting that Video Tranmission module in the gimbal housing and that can only be repaired by DJI (or yourself if you happen to have a spare gimbal assembly around).

You are right it is 2.8.1. But the P3 has to be running latest firmware or will not connect to drone.

Thanks for the video clips about retrieving hidden files JaySCT, I'll find them tomorrow and get back to you.

Hi 3mpty, I am as frustrated as everyone else. Once I spoke about the great reliability of DJI products, how well they operate and what a great company. Now I no longer have any confidence in DJI products and if I had the money would probably change to 3DR, but alas I have no money and am stuck with a huge problem. I hope the fix will come soon. Regards Mike

Just checked DJI downloads on website, 2.8.3 has been pulled from the download section, that speaks volumes to me. No reason, no explanation.
Update now is 1.8.80.

Hi 3mpty, I am as frustrated as everyone else. Once I spoke about the great reliability of DJI products, how well they operate and what a great company. Now I no longer have any confidence in DJI products and if I had the money would probably change to 3DR, but alas I have no money and am stuck with a huge problem. I hope the fix will come soon. Regards Mike

I also returned my drone to the shoo today. They will inspect it and give me a replacement.

Latest DJI update 1.9.6 has done absolutely NOTHING to fix the RC Transmission Signal issues. Tested mine today exactly the same problem as a before i.e total loss of transmission at around 60 to 100 meters.
DJI WHAT ARE YOU DOUING ABOUT IT!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor