Latest DJI update 2.8.3 troubles

Latest DJI update 1.9.6 has done absolutely NOTHING to fix the RC Transmission Signal issues. Tested mine today exactly the same problem as a before i.e total loss of transmission at around 60 to 100 meters.
DJI WHAT ARE YOU DOUING ABOUT IT!

Has it ever occurred to you that yours may be a hardware fault? No software updates will ever fix that. It could even be something as simple as an antenna plug adrift within the drone.
What makes you so sure an s/w update will fix it?

Maybe like mine, it was a fw update that broke it?

Oh no. Silly me! It's user error! DJI Support Facebook page states there is no problem!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: TrevorTron
Maybe like mine, it was a fw update that broke it?

Oh no. Silly me! It's user error! DJI Support Facebook page states there is no problem!

Yes, I can see how that would be frustrating. But strange also, as it clearly only affects a small minority of craft.
I was basing my question on an experience with a Samsung phone where users were awaiting a firmware 'fix', when in fact it was clearly a h/w (gyro) fault, as a sharp thump usually cleared it. But no, the nerdy lot insisted Samsung should issue a downloadable 'fix'. They're still waiting.....

It certainly is frustrating!! My P3S was absolutely brilliant out of the box and for 4 days! never a drop or glitch at all! I believe that means the hardware is ok...on the 4th night I finished a flight and then was advised by the App to install the 2.8.x update. This went in fine...next morning.......no video beyond 20m :-o

It seems there are more than just a few with this issue too? on yesterdays 'support' thread on the DJI Support FB page one persons post about this drew six more people within an hour or so with the same problem. Previously I had gone along with all the requests from support; reinstall stuff, antenna alignment (I know an awful lot about antennae but didnt play that card with them) various resets and now 30+ test flights...until a message came that the issue was acknowledged and dji were working on a fix...yippee!!

Now it sounds like a new person is running 'DJI Support' on FB and a whole new approach is in place....I am now going to break all my fingers to stop myself from replying in the vein deserved!!! I feel I am better than that...just wish my P3 was better too..........

I'm going to send mine in for repair, nothing I have tried and I have tried everything will fix the transmission signal error I.e lost signal at about 60mts

Has it ever occurred to you that yours may be a hardware fault? No software updates will ever fix that. It could even be something as simple as an antenna plug adrift within the drone.
What makes you so sure an s/w update will fix it?
May well be a hardware problem.....

No no 2.8.3 also target phantom 3 standard, I'm on iOS and my signal/range is down to 50 meters, 2.8.0 and 2.8.1 was the last 2 go updates that worked really good for my phantom but if I roll the go app back my phantom is cooking on gas again and range signal is awsom,,, 2.8.3 is dodgy as heck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic