Lateral Play of gimbal/camera

Reaction score
Son dropped my P3A this evening (curiosity about dad's Santa gift)....pick it up looks OK except camera facing left. I can easily center and that's when I noticed the small amount of left-right play In that rubber piece just posterior to the camera. My first drone, is this play normal?

I gave it a test whirl for a few minutes after the fall and all seemed fine, but I never had noticed that play (or lack thereof) before....

thanks

J

I can easily center and that's when I noticed the small amount of left-right play In that rubber piece just posterior to the camera. My first drone, is this play normal?
What rubber piece? Do you mean the four white vibration dampeners?
I'm hoping you don't mean that little foam piece that many forget to remove prior to flight.

Reactions: JoBe
What rubber piece? Do you mean the four white vibration dampeners?
I'm hoping you don't mean that little foam piece that many forget to remove prior to flight.
No, just posterior to the camera body, a grey/white rubber piece seems to limit or dampen the left right of the camera. If it should have zero left right play, we busted something....

No, just posterior to the camera body, a grey/white rubber piece seems to limit or dampen the left right of the camera. If it should have zero left right play, we busted something....
Can you post a picture? It sure sounds like that small foam piece in place for shipping. Countless people have left it on which is why I'm asking. So many have left it on in fact that I have it included on that list of tips I sent you yesterday. They normally post threads asking about jittery or shaky video, and we tell them to remove that piece.

Reactions: JoBe and dpsa
Can you post a picture? It sure sounds like that small foam piece in place for shipping. Countless people have left it on which is why I'm asking. So many have left it on in fact that I have it included on that list of tips I sent you yesterday. They normally post threads asking about jittery or shaky video, and we tell them to remove that piece.
will do

Jeez....just checked......the piece that says "remove before flight"

Maybe it protected in the fall:)

Back to the manual.....

Reactions: Casey Cassity
Jeez....just checked......the piece that says "remove before flight"

Maybe it protected in the fall:)

Back to the manual.....
Yes, that's the piece we often tell people to remove.
Also, read the tips I sent you. It was listed as one of the bullets. You son may have saved your gimbal!
Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl