Hello everyone....I'm a dumb*ss

Reaction score
Santa gets me a new P3A. Test flight for 10" works fine. Asks for the dreaded FW update. Drone, controller, and battery update successfully per the. txt file.

Powers up, camera works (moves), says ready to fly.....motors don't fire up!

Can someone save me from myself?

Jose

rebind rc to aircraft

look in picture will see kind I'm talking about you attach one part then just snap them on when you want
20160914_154512.jpg

20160914_154241.jpg
better look at it 20160914_154241.jpg

Don't be in a hurry to fly. Read the manuals thoroughly. Calibrate fully and set the parameters correctly before flying. Go to open field for first flight.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Don't be in a hurry to fly. Read the manuals thoroughly. Calibrate fully and set the parameters correctly before flying. Go to open field for first flight.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
did that for the maiden voyage, thought I was being a good dad by keeping it's programming up to date....fail. Did the previous poster mean linking the RC to the drone again?

that's for me?
No, those posts were not for you. @flpholt seems to have been posting pictures for someone in another thread regarding removable prop guards.

Reactions: JoBe
No, those posts were not for you. @flpholt seems to have been posting pictures for someone in another thread regarding removable prop guards.
Thanks, scared me.

Should I just try to reload the FW even though the first glance was "successful?"

Reactions: Matchlock
Here is something I learned when I first setup my Dreauxn. If you have the beginner mode turned on and try to start the motors inside your house they will not work. Beginner mode requires GPS before motors will start.

Thanks, scared me.

Should I just try to reload the FW even though the first glance was "successful?"
Does it start up if you use auto takeoff?
Are you in beginner mode while indoors?
Was your initial test done outside?

Reactions: JoBe and dpsa
Does it start up if you use auto takeoff?
Are you in beginner mode while indoors?
Was your initial test done outside?
Before first flight, the motors started indoors in beginner mode. Perhaps luck/glitch?

The flight was outdoors in the same model, haven't turned it off since getting it.

Auto take off asks for my swipe, then nothing happens.

j

Will the motors start by pulling the sticks back & towards the middle? There's a diagram in the manual. I usually start mine that way, let'em run while I check things out, and then take off,,,if all is well. I use auto sometimes, but usually manual. As has been said, take your time and read the manual over,,, a few times.
It's not the best written manual I've ever seen, but it has a lot of good info, and so do the guys on this forum, it's great.

Wait for good weather. You can read some horror stories on here about trying to fly in bad, WINDY weather.

Here is something I learned when I first setup my Dreauxn. If you have the beginner mode turned on and try to start the motors inside your house they will not work. Beginner mode requires GPS before motors will start.

Big thanks to you and Oso! Don't know if you recall the Bud light commercials...I love you ,man!

Some rain outside, so I turned off the beginner mode and the motors fired up in the in the living room! Back in business, gents.

Forum rocks.

Jose

Read the manual. If not we will see you back here in a few days asking why your Phantom crashed on the RTH. etc

Big thanks to you and Oso! Don't know if you recall the Bud light commercials...I love you ,man!

Some rain outside, so I turned off the beginner mode and the motors fired up in the in the living room! Back in business, gents.

Forum rocks.

Jose
You're welcome sir. Click here for several more tips that I often share. Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31