Last DJI Go

Reaction score
Greetings everyone, today I was forced to update my Android DJI Go to the latest, 3.1.3 and there is a new notice saying something to the effect this is the last version of DJI Go to be released, and that P4 users should start using Go 4 going forward. I saw a lot of issues with users of DJI Go 4, behaving like a beta, etc.

Should I download Go 4 and go bravely into the breach with on my P4,, or should I stay and cling to Go 3.1.3 until Go 4 becomes more reliable???

Thanks,

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Greetings everyone, today I was forced to update my Android DJI Go to the latest, 3.1.3 and there is a new notice saying something to the effect this is the last version of DJI Go to be released, and that P4 users should start using Go 4 going forward. I saw a lot of issues with users of DJI Go 4, behaving like a beta, etc.

Should I download Go 4 and go bravely into the breach with on my P4,, or should I stay and cling to Go 3.1.3 until Go 4 becomes more reliable???

Thanks,

Delete DJI GO. Install DJI GO 4
I have never had an issue with GO 4 on my Nvidia K1 tab. I use both Litchi and GO 4. Both have functioned without errors. I always make sure that no other apps are running in the background, have wi-fi off, Location on and in airplane mode. Also running GO 4 on 32 channel "hack". Channel 30,31,32

Sent from my Current position

I have never had an issue with GO 4 on my Nvidia K1 tab. I use both Litchi and GO 4. Both have functioned without errors. I always make sure that no other apps are running in the background, have wi-fi off, Location on and in airplane mode. Also running GO 4 on 32 channel "hack". Channel 30,31,32

Can you use GO 4 for P3P? Why is DJI forcing the update?

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the tip. Yesterday, on initial installation on my Nvidia Shield K1, it wouldn't connect to my P4, so I punted and used my Moto G4 Plus phone with DJI Go 3.1.3. After flying at four different sites, I tried again hooking up the hield K1 with DJI Go 4.0.2, and my P4 connected. Since I was at unfamiliar location I only had a short, but excellent trial flight.

I like the bigger font, and I noticed that my FPV video connection improved 100% (my video feeds have been very poor for the last month DJI Go 3.x.x. When I got back I also checked my logs on healthydrones.com, and for the last couple months they were loaded with communication drop outs (using either tablet or phone), but my first DJI 4.0.2 flight was perfectly clean, no errors. This confirmed what I saw on the first flight and what I had noticing flying before on DJI Go 3.x

Anyway, I will keep fingers crossed and see how it goes. In the mean time I will search the forum about your Channel hack to what that is all about.

Happy flying, and safe landings,

I have a P4, and yesterday updated my iPad mini to DJI Go 3.1.4. ( the very last version for iOS). And it warned me when launching it that this was the last update, and that DJI support ends with this version. The warning also stated that users of P4 and Mavic will have to use DJI 4...
So, it seems that now the renewal is general, affecting us, users. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This may be a stupid question but do you not have to have wifi turned on on the tablet (and 3G if you have it for better map loading). Putting your device in airplane mode turns all that off does it not ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

This may be a stupid question but do you not have to have wifi turned on on the tablet (and 3G if you have it for better map loading). Putting your device in airplane mode turns all that off does it not ?

You need wifi in order to get the map, once in GO pan the map to see the area you will be flying in, the map will be cashed in GO, you can switch to airplane mode after and the map will remain. This practice ensure that no incoming or outgoing process will interfere with running GO. This also permits more memory and resources available for a safer flight.

Reactions: uavflyr
You need wifi in order to get the map, once in GO pan the map to see the area you will be flying in, the map will be cashed in GO, you can switch to airplane mode after and the map will remain. This practice ensure that no incoming or outgoing process will interfere with running GO. This also permits more memory and resources available for a safer flight.

Tks for the clearing that up I was under the impression the app needed wifi on to communicate withe the drone. To establish the comm link . I will try that [emoji106]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl