larger fpv screen?

Reaction score
Another new guy here...I just got my new 2+ and need a larger screen (old man eyes). I tried the Ipad mini but the app. is too fuzzy to use for flight. Is there a WIFI screen that I don't need to add components to the bird to use? Or will I have to add a TX?
I have seen several units but I don't want to add any weight.

Any device you use will have the same low res quality coming thru the apps that run with the camera... no way around that.

I tried it with my son's iPad mini earlier and yes... it is low resolution... but it works fine for my FPV needs... However.... I'm mostly flying at higher altitudes away from any obstructions just picking out landmarks for orientation and direction... flying an obstacle course of trees and wires would be a pain because you can't see a lot of that stuff till it's too late to avoid.

I'm using the iPad Air. It has retina display. I find it much better than my iPhone. The original iPad mini did not have retina display, just the newest mini has it. Not sure how much that matters since the signal resolution is fairly poor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl