Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Kindle Fire HD 7

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by isle, Aug 21, 2014.

1. isle

My iPhone screen is too small will a Kindle FireHD7 WiFi 8 g work as a screen

2. Kwas

3. dtviewer

A poster on here has mentioned how much farther connection he gets using the Kindle compared to his phone.
    He attributes the longer distance to the dual antennas certain Kindles have.

4. Beario

The Kindle fire HD has a single antenna and still has impressive range without modifications. It is easy to pop open the cover and add an pigtail and antenna to it to have even better range.

5. scooterbuk

Excelent I have a kindle fire kicking about doing nothing, need to give it ago

6. dtviewer

Thanks for the correction Beario, guess its the HDX that has dual antennas, not the HD.

7. thevolkp

I bought an older HD Fire that still had the 2 antennas. Jail broke it to Kit Kat. Don't know any firm distances but much better than my Note 3.

8. npalen

I have the Kindle Fire HDX which works good with the Vision+ app except it won't show the map in Ground Station mode. It does bring up a map with Chinese test but can only zoom in to within a couple hundred miles before it goes blank. I did load google map app using 1mobile but it won't bring up the google map in the GS app. Another wrinkle is the compass is usually off by at least 90 degrees in the radar part of the app.
    Sure would appreciate it if anyone could help me on this.