Kill Switch

Reaction score
Just asking here. I know DJI is working with law enforcement to allow their drones to be remotely shut down. I'm not sure the tech is in the drones yet though. There is a kill switch on the drone though. I've been reading about a lot of drones falling from the sky for what appears to be no reason. Could this be a software glitch? Like I said, I'm just asking.

I've been reading about a lot of drones falling from the sky for what appears to be no reason.
Dig into those specific cases some more and you'll likely find the real cause (e.g. battery disconnected mid-flight).

Dig into those specific cases some more and you'll likely find the real cause (e.g. battery disconnected mid-flight).

I get what the OP was getting at... but there's always a reason.

It has become my policy that the CSC midflight shutdown will not be enabled on any of my DJI aircraft; unless someone can convince me otherwise. This way I know falling from the sky will not be at my command...intended or not.

I know DJI is working with law enforcement to allow their drones to be remotely shut down.
First time I've heard this. The closest I've heard of would be Aeroscope which could provide identification but nothing in the way of shutting down in flight.
Can you point to a source for this?
I've been reading about a lot of drones falling from the sky for what appears to be no reason. Could this be a software glitch?
Although there may be no obvious reason, there is always a cause.
Software would be unlikely to be the issue.
The most common causes are flying with a partially discharged battery and running out of battery, particularly in cold conditions and rare hardware issues like a bad ESC.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94