Keep it below 400 feet

This is just a soft bird (no metal parts) ...

It surprises me how many think their drone wouldnt cause any damage here.
That can happen to ANY jet aircraft, yes - this is an armoured war plane ... and ALL other aircraft are not armoured so they will take even more damage.

Now consider smaller aircraft, ones with an open canopy, Paramotors, Micro/Ultra Light, etc.

Still not convinced? Fly it at your own face at full speed, then try at 100mph, 500mph etc and post your results.

That is a WAR plane??? Ha ha ha...They should redesign the whole thing. It takes flak and bullets but not a bird...

1. That's not an F-16. It's a BAE Hawk. This happened in 2004.
2. It's not an armored war plane, it's a single engine trainer.
3. The bird went straight into the intake, It lost the engine, If the bird would have hit the fuselage and they would have stayed in the air. It would have caused damage, and made a mess but they could have landed. I've seen hundreds of bird strikes on everything from Cessna 172s to Citation Xs, OH-58s to Chinooks. Helicopters take them better than starch wings.

I'll guarantee if the rules said keep it under 1000 feet some people
Would push it over 1000.

Same goes for speeding, a lot do it.
Drink driving, a lot do it.
Ect ect.

Imagine if everyone stuck
To the rules? The government would get no money, cause there would be no fines lol

Reactions: Pluto88888
Safety is always first on my list of concerns when flying but having been confused more than a few times about what the rules are for hobbyist? Don't hobby flyers follow the Part 101 rules?

"Flight altitudes are unrestricted, unless you are within three miles of an airport. Unlike Part 107, the AMA Safety Code does not restrict altitude except when flying within three miles of an airport. In those instances, you are restricted to flying as high as “approximately 400 feet AGL,” unless you have notified the airport operator. Of course, under federal law, § 101.41 requires you to provide prior notification to the airport operator and the airport control tower (if there is one in operation), if you plan to fly within 5 miles of an airport."

I'll guarantee if the rules said keep it under 1000 feet some people
Would push it over 1000.

Same goes for speeding, a lot do it.
Drink driving, a lot do it.
Ect ect.

Imagine if everyone stuck
To the rules? The government would get no money, cause there would be no fines lol
You can't stop people from doing what they want. Murder is illegal and people do it. Laws are there to stop the good people. The bad people are the ones that wont follow laws no matter what.

Reactions: BigAl07
You know what I see a lot, a lot of people flying out of line of sight, that's against the law in the states anyway. There's no way people can see a quad 2-3 miles away, I have trouble picking my quad up even less than a mile away some times.

Last edited:
Yeah me neither but that's the claim.

Regardless, I have no doubt a lume cube would increase the VLOS and that's pretty cool.

Safety is always first on my list of concerns when flying but having been confused more than a few times about what the rules are for hobbyist? Don't hobby flyers follow the Part 101 rules?
Yes. Part 101 specifies that model aircraft must operate within a set of "community-based safety standards". Those standards are the Academy of Model Aeronautics National Model Aircraft Safety Code.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl