Karma being re-released

I am actually thanking GoPro. I bought a Karma as my first drone but because of the recall, I discovered the P4P+. Clearly the Phantom is superior. And in my limited experience flying both drones, the only debatable advantage is the ability to remove the GoPro camera to use elsewhere. I think that was GoPro's angle of attack. Because side by side, the specs for the Karma just aren't even close to those of the Phantom 4 Pro.

CEO Woodman doesn't even realise why Karma was such a failure.
There's no indication he's read any of the reviews.
He says it exceeded consumer expectations and still thinks his heavyweight lump of junk is one of the best drones in the world.

In his defense, he acknowledged the problem. Around th 8 minute mark he talks about what they set out to design... not the most advanced drone. A drone with a detachable stabilization unit that was part of a drone and could also be used on other ways. So actually he states GoPro's drone is not state of the art or special.

Reactions: puredata
In his defense, he acknowledged the problem. Around th 8 minute mark he talks about what they set out to design... not the most advanced drone. A drone with a detachable stabilization unit that was part of a drone and could also be used on other ways. So actually he states GoPro's drone is not state of the art or special.
But later he states that it's one of the best drones in the world.
I'm amazed that their website still promotes Karma as ultra-compact!
Have you seen the size of that thing or how much it weighs?
It weighs 4.27 pounds and gets 13-16 minutes flight time
It will be interesting to see them try to get it off the ground a second time.
i-Bnc83D2-M.jpg

i-cPpbmT5-L.jpg

But later he states that it's one of the best drones in the world.
I'm amazed that their website still promotes Karma as ultra-compact!
Have you seen the size of that thing or how much it weighs?
It weighs 4.27 pounds and gets 13-16 minutes flight time
It will be interesting to see them try to get it off the ground a second time.

I'd be the first to say that the Mavic has much more in terms of design and tech. However, the Karma has the GoPro name on it... so it will do well right there. I don't see why steady cam devices are popular but it seem that they are (DJI even has one). I see this as the Karma's biggest selling point and it's an idea that DJI has not done. Also, keep in mind that DJI _really_ dropped the ball on the Mavic release. People were needing to wait months before they got what they paid for.

But bottom line... I don't see anyone beating DJI's tech.

I will say that one thing GoPro has going for it... customer service. DJI is lackluster at best. Slow to respond (or at all). I will agree DJI so far as product goes is more superior. Just hope it doesn't break.

Reactions: puredata
They should announce when it will be re-released in Mid Feb.... meaning not when it will be available, but just when it will be released... also confirmed a battery connection issue was the cause of the recall... which I think has been somewhat surmised already...

Just call the Karma support number. They next day air shipped mine to me at no cost.
Yeah I've tried that 3 times and each time I can't get a straight answer of why they haven't sent it. Not a big deal really. Not like I'm in need of the camera at the moment. Glad to hear you got yours!

Yeah I've tried that 3 times and each time I can't get a straight answer of why they haven't sent it. Not a big deal really. Not like I'm in need of the camera at the moment. Glad to hear you got yours!

...well, if you have seen the price of their stock lately and their slumped sales they probably are going broke giving out fee GP5's :eek:

...well, if you have seen the price of their stock lately and their slumped sales they probably are going broke giving out fee GP5's :eek:

Interesting note: On my PS4, there is a GoPro channel where you can watch videos and also look at their gear. Well recently they completely removed the Hero 5. Not sure if this means anything related to the sale of it or upgrade or what...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl