K1 Shield Questions

Reaction score
Just started flying with K1 Shield. I believe I have the best settings with it for flying P4P (by following some good advice on here). I still have 2 questions:
1 - Why does it charge my tablet when connected to RC?
2 - There is no data on the map in the app. What's the best way to get this to show?

I have only used my iPad mini 2 (with cell service) and iPhone to fly my drones in the past. I might just bite the bullet and get a mini 4 if I continue to have problems with the K-1. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JThere is no data on the map in the app. What's the best way to get this to show?
Either cache the maps in a location where you have Internet access before heading out to fly or tether it to a phone to share the Internet connection.

Thanks msinger - I just tested cache the maps and it seemed to work. The K1 has GPS built in ... is there any advantage to that with P4P and Mavic?

The K1 has GPS built in ... is there any advantage to that with P4P and Mavic?
With GPS on the mobile device, you can use Follow Me and reset the home point to your current location mid-flight. There is no advantage if you don't need to use either of those features.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl