Just ordered the Argtek kit

Reaction score
I just ordered my argtek kit for my p3s. Its not uncommon for me to get 5000-10000 ft with it stock, so Im curious if this kit will improve that, or at least make 10000 ft a consistant thing. I will post my results after I get the kit, and try it out. Hope it works as good as many say it does!

how do you guys get 5-10k feet out of a stock P3S? I couldn't even get 2k feet over a flat field far away from any interference. I have heard others say they get similar performance from a stock model but I just couldn't ever get that so I got the ARGtek kit, today I got out to 5k feet, my farthest flight so far. I could have gone farther but I was following a plan. Next flight I will break a mile for sure! The install was pretty simple, took about 20 mins for me to do after watching a couple vids on how to do it. All in all for me I am happy I got it, it makes a significant improvement.

how do you guys get 5-10k feet out of a stock P3S? I couldn't even get 2k feet over a flat field far away from any interference. I have heard others say they get similar performance from a stock model but I just couldn't ever get that so I got the ARGtek kit, today I got out to 5k feet, my farthest flight so far. I could have gone farther but I was following a plan. Next flight I will break a mile for sure! The install was pretty simple, took about 20 mins for me to do after watching a couple vids on how to do it. All in all for me I am happy I got it, it makes a significant improvement.

I live out in a remote area, with very little wifi . Im guessing that contributes to the range I get. But... I do believe there are good p3s drones and not so good ones. I honestly think I got lucky and got a good one. I have heard of many people flying out in the middle of nowhere and not being able to get close to the range I am able to get. Im guessing its the luck of the draw. Your results with the argtek are very promising. It sounds like it over doubled your range! NIce! It would be awesome if I could start getting 15000-20000 ft with it... I highly doubt it, but hey, we will find out soon

looks like I can expect delivery by fri or Saturday. For some reason, the only 6 antenna kits are all on the east coast, and ofcourse I live closer to the west coast...

I was getting about 4,800 feet stock with my P3S in a remote area over flat ground. With the addition of a windsurfer and the MagicPower mod that went to about 8,200 feet.

I just received the thicker pigtails I need to install a dbs antenna, not because I need more range but because I want a bit more solid connection. But I'll still be doing a range test with it from the same location I've done my others.

But you're right, the differences are odd. I'm sure environmental factors have something to do with it, but you have to wonder if there are variations in the quality of the transmitters, receivers or antennas.

I just ordered my argtek kit for my p3s. Its not uncommon for me to get 5000-10000 ft with it stock, so Im curious if this kit will improve that, or at least make 10000 ft a consistant thing. I will post my results after I get the kit, and try it out. Hope it works as good as many say it does!
I ordered the Argtek not long after I got my P3S, so didn't have tons of experience or "long flights" before adding it, but I can say I can do 10,000plus just about any day with the Argtek using the 3 flat antennas. Yes it is much more directional so you have to watch where you're bird is at... but IMHO it is THE best upgrade for a Standard!

Wow. Surprised at the results. The tall antennas outperformed the panels?
Yes they did. Weird huh? It could have everything to do with not aiming my controller just right at that distance. But then again, there isn't much that makes sense about my drone lol getting 10300 ft stock is crazy to me, and if you look at the sensor reports, it shows my signal being horrible from start to finish on all of my long flights..??? I don't get it, but it works great!

Yes the tall ones are less directional and will outperform the panels if you aren't really spot on with facing your drone. Otherwise flat panels have better gain.

My Argtek is on its way from China as I didn't look closely at the sellers location, but it should be here in 10 days or so.

Is there any advice to follow in terms of directing the antennas at the bird and holding the RC with this upgrade? I hardly ever manipulate my OE antenna except to place it horizontal when the birds directly overtop of me.

14869440680931433961215.jpg yip i got some ,,,had real bad range issues now i can a least go 600 safely but still dont trust wifi,,,,steped up and got phantom 4,,lightbrigde tec,,no range problems,,shop only puts just enough to make phantom go,,beta to always upgrade when posible,,watch out for cheaps ones,,spen a bit more,

I just use the flat antennas and point in the general direction of the drone. Get well over 10,000 feet in decent conditions!

Y'all with range problems open your controller and check your antenna connections. My transmitter antenna connector was touching the shield on the transmitter I was struggling getting past 2300 feet in the country, after prying the connection away from the shield I've gotten 4000 feet and 6217 feet all these are from my house

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT