Just got new P3P today has old motors what should I do?

Good find, you got me there.
Im not trying to get anyone, just trying to reduce the amount of misinformation out there. I know you are genuinely trying to help and be unbiased. People tend to repeat what they find on here, though, whether it's factual or not. When repeated enough it starts to become "fact" until somebody does enough research to refute it. Often too late.
"I read the new shells don't crack" and its off to the races.

So basically, ALL of the Phantom 3(No matter whether it is Advanced or professional) that have improved motor will have that exact model number(W323A)? And the new controller is that exact model number(GL300B)? I would expect that number to change between Advanced and Professional. And they never did any other revisions that caused another change? Thanks. Just want to make sure before I make the call.
ok, so to clarify in case I didn't organize the information enough here it is:

DJI Phantom 3 Professional (NEW MOTORS) W323A
DJI Phantom 3 Professional (OLD MOTORS) W323
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced (NEW MOTORS) W322A
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced (OLD MOTORS) W322
DJI Phantom 3 standard all of them have new motors and shell

Concerning the controller I don't think that it will help you distinguish what motors new or old style you have but I do know that my P3A controller had model number GL300B C1 and my P3P with new motors has controller model number GL300B, P3P with old motors had controller model number GL300A

Reactions: Eric1084
Im not trying to get anyone, just trying to reduce the amount of misinformation out there. I know you are genuinely trying to help and be unbiased. People tend to repeat what they find on here, though, whether it's factual or not. When repeated enough it starts to become "fact" until somebody does enough research to refute it. Often too late.
"I read the new shells don't crack" and its off to the races.
I get ya, I however have done a lot of research lately as I was in the market to buy and couldnt decide on P3A or P3P. Then I saw Sploodge's post about what the inside of the new shells looks like and based on that information and everything else I had read I thought it would be better to be safe than sorry and just go with the configuration that has yet to prove itself as problematic.

Here's another recent post indicating cracks with the new motors.
In this case the poor guy is still wanting another unit with new motors, likely because he read here the old motors suck.

Ordered new P3 from Best buy last week. About 7 flights in and I had stress cracking on 2 arms from motor screw to shell screw. This unit had the new motors on it. Returned tonight to BB and the only units they had were the old style motors. Oh well i will fly this bad boy hard until my return deadline of 1/15. Just upgraded the firmware in both controller and P3. We will see how it goes. Glad i ended up buying this from BB.

I get ya, I however have done a lot of research lately as I was in the market to buy and couldnt decide on P3A or P3P. Then I saw Sploodge's post about what the inside of the new shells looks like and based on that information and everything else I had read I thought it would be better to be safe than sorry and just go with the configuration that has yet to prove itself as problematic.
Nothing wrong with that approach. However, now we do know the configuration you mention has been proven to be problematic. I wish it weren't so.

Nothing wrong with that approach. However, now we do know the configuration you mention has been proven to be problematic. I wish it weren't so.
I was just thinking that and was coming back to edit my post, however I do believe that out of all the thousands of P3A or Pro out there that the cracking is a problem for only a small minority of users. If that is the case then I hope that with the updated shells I hope it is even less of a chance of cracking.

Agreed, I do believe it's true that only a small number of P3's are developing cracks. You read what seems like lots of posts here about cracks, but this is a biased snapshot of the total number of P3s out there.

Agreed, I do believe it's true that only a small number of P3's are developing cracks. You read what seems like lots of posts here about cracks, but this is a biased snapshot of the total number of P3s out there.
Right, there aren't a lot of people logging in to post a rant about their lack of cracks

ok, so to clarify in case I didn't organize the information enough here it is:

DJI Phantom 3 Professional (NEW MOTORS) W323A
DJI Phantom 3 Professional (OLD MOTORS) W323
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced (NEW MOTORS) W322A
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced (OLD MOTORS) W322
DJI Phantom 3 standard all of them have new motors and shell

Concerning the controller I don't think that it will help you distinguish what motors new or old style you have but I do know that my P3A controller had model number GL300B C1 and my P3P with new motors has controller model number GL300B, P3P with old motors had controller model number GL300A
Great. Thanks. Those are exactly what I need. Now I can just tell them to ship me the box that have that model number.

You can tell if it has new motors from the picture on the box, no need to read or open.
had to look at it for a bit but then the light came o
New motors:

Screen_Shot_2015_10_28_at_8_56_55_PM.png

Old motors:

DSC_0148.JPG

i have a new phantom 3 pro that will be here direct from DJI on tue.
i will be taking a close look at the box and numbers before opening the box.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic