Just got new P3P today has old motors what should I do?

Where are the cracks located?

Under three arms
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446689554.422254.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446689574.309273.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446689615.225804.jpg

You should be fine. Most people don't have this problem. If your shell does crack again, send it into DJI and they will fix it for free.

if the model has "A" at the end of it then it will have the new motors so you don't even need to open the box. For example, I ordered a Phantom 3 Pro from Bestbuy and when it arrived it had the old motors and the Model Number was W323. I took it in to the store because I didn't want to deal with possible cracking and they exchanged it for the W323A model. It amazes me how little the people at Bestbuy know about these quads, it reminds me of some older women who saw me packing up after a flight in the park while they were power walking one said "look Marge, a drone"

For example, I ordered a Phantom 3 Pro from Bestbuy and when it arrived it had the old motors and the Model Number was W323. I took it in to the store because I didn't want to deal with possible cracking and they exchanged it for the W323A"

Please don't spread false info about old motors causing cracks. There is ZERO evidence to show that to be true. Old and new motors has absolutely no difference.

Reactions: Oso and msinger
There is nothing wrong with old motors and only a very small percentage of old shells... Go fly and have fun. Just watch for cracks and return to dji if they appear...

Please exchange with new model, that would keep you mentally at peace.

The old motors work just fine. Furthermore, other than visually, most people cannot tell the difference between the old and new motors. There is no need to exchange your Phantom.

Reactions: Wingfan04
Does anyone even give a **** about new vs old motors? My first P3P had new motors. My new on has old motors. (Just had to get up and check! lol) There is zero difference between the two.

Does anyone even give a **** about new vs old motors?
DJI always releases new motors mid-model. I think it's just a bunch of marketing hype. Pure genius.

Please don't spread false info about old motors causing cracks. There is ZERO evidence to show that to be true. Old and new motors has absolutely no difference.

I never once said that old motors cause cracks, I did however say that I took the P3P with old motors back because I didn't want to deal with the possibility of cracking. The reason I said that is because, as Sploodge has posted, there are major differences in the plastic reinforcement inside the new style shell and that to me is an indication that the cracking problem was addressed in this updated "A" model.

So in conclusion, the P3 with new motors also has the new shell, (they probably had to change the mold for the shell since there are no esc's and a new control board) the new shell has better plastic reinforcement. Nobody has reported cracks in new shell design thus my reasoning to return the P3P with old motors. Now you can stop spreading misinformation and saying people are saying something they are not. At least you quoted me so everyone else could read what I wrote and see that I was clearly NOT SPREADING MISINFORMATION.

Link to Sploodge's post all about this issue

Pics from Sploodge's post
1.jpg

041625thy7d7974s8ry1y4.jpg
1.jpg

Does anyone even give a **** about new vs old motors? My first P3P had new motors. My new on has old motors. (Just had to get up and check! lol) There is zero difference between the two.
There is a difference between the plastic reinforcement inside the plastic shell. Only the units with new motors have the new shell. I think it was a production issue due to the fact there are no esc's in the arms and the control board might mount slightly different so they fixed the cracking arm problem at the same time, pure speculation but the fact is the new shell has better reinforcement.

I has been reported that the only reason dji changed the motors was down to cheaper manufacturer Costs.
That is the reason that DJI gave officially but the fact is the unit with new motors also has the new shell with better reinforcement. The new motors and new shell are the only motor and shell versions on the P3S but the P3P and P3A had problems with cracking where the motors mount and that seems to be addressed in the model numbers that end with "A" so W323A for the P3P. See my post #16 above for pics and a link courtesy of Sploodge

The old motors work just fine. Furthermore, other than visually, most people cannot tell the difference between the old and new motors. There is no need to exchange your Phantom.

See post #16, there is a reason and that reason is peace of mind knowing you have the updated reinforcement inside the shell

There is nothing wrong with old motors and only a very small percentage of old shells... Go fly and have fun. Just watch for cracks and return to dji if they appear...
I would rather have the peace of mind knowing that such an expensive item was the updated version with stronger reinforcements inside the shell. See post #16 for pics and a link to a post courtesy of Sploodge showing the differences in the two shells

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic