Just got my P3P! Love it so far!

Reaction score
Hey all. Just got my P3 Pro and took it out today for the first time. I flew in Beginner mode, since this is my first drone. No issues except for one oddity. When flying side to side (translating?), the gimbal did not do its job. My display and video comes out tilted. When I picked up the drone after the flight, I rotated it around manually and the gimbal did do its job. Confused about it.

Sorry for crappy quality - I used Windows Movie Maker (ew).

you may have to do an imu and gimbal calabration as well as a compus calabration

Reactions: DonSlice
That might be it! I did do a compass calibration and gimbal, but did not do the IMU. I'll do that and report back.

Thanks for the idea!

I upgraded the firmware to the latest, recalibrated the compass and gimbal but left the IMU since it said it was OK. Seems to be gimbaling just fine after all that.

Thanks for the help!

Sounds like you're in good shape.

But it frequently says the IMU is OK even when it could be better. So it's still worth doing the calibration once in a while (not too frequently), especially after a firmware update, or if your copter has a hard landing or rough travel (gets bumped).

Since it's OK now, you can learn to do it at your convenience. The key element is to get the unit very cold just before you do it. (Lots of discussion here whether to put it in a fridge for 20 minutes, or just keep outdoors in the cold for a while. Both work OK.)

As long as it's flying well now, don't worry about it. But if it starts to get goofy again, or after the next firmware update, try it.

Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl