Just can't get it to work!

Reaction score
Hello, New to the forum. I just bought the phantom 3 standard. When I turn on the app it tells me to confirm your activated account, after a few minutes it says DJI isn’t responding ( it never does) do you want to close it? I tap ok. A new screen comes up an says enter camera mode. Now the day before I was trying to get in for hours and finally got in to take the tutorial and into camera mode, I was trying to do the simulator and it said I had to calibrate the compass ,so I calibrated the compass but the vertical calibration failed. I was indoors because of rain and thought I would try it the next day outside. The next day after trying to get into the app then closing it and opening it says enter camera mode, I tap that and enter camera mode with no picture and when I try to put the phantoms Wi-Fi on it returns to the original screen where you have to activate your account and we start all over again. I’ve never even got the chance to start the motors on my phantom yet..very disappointing . Any thoughts or Ideas as to what is going on with this. I was looking forward to this quad for so long, I would hate to have to return it.

Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling?

Does the device you're using have an internet connection? Is it compatible? If you are not connecting to DJI, you may have an
internet connection issue. Your pad/tablet must be able to connect to the internet to register your P3. After it is registered,
you won't need an internet connection to start up.

Ensure you have internet connectivity, then:
Turn on your P3 Controller, then turn on your P3, finally start your GO App.

I have internet connectivity no problem., I downloaded the latest firmware and everything is up to date.
I turn the controller on then the p3 then the open the app, it says enter camera view and I tap that, the screen shows up but no picture view..i enter the p3 wifi then it goes to the picture screen..this time the picture came on and it looked good but Bam took me right back to the activate phantom screen.

I have internet connectivity no problem., I downloaded the latest firmware and everything is up to date.
I turn the controller on then the p3 then the open the app, it says enter camera view and I tap that, the screen shows up but no picture view..i enter the p3 wifi then it goes to the picture screen..this time the picture came on and it looked good but Bam took me right back to the activate phantom screen.
What kind of device are you using? If it's Wifi-only device, did you remember to switch back to your home Wifi when you try to activate it since it needs internet connection.

yes I switch to home wifi to activate . I just tried it again, I turned the controller on then the app, switch to p3 wifi, the screen comes up with no picture and say's not connected which it should, I then turn on the p3 and I get the camera view for 10 seconds and then back to the activate screen..losing my mind!

Try to reset Wifi per instructions below and see if it helps. Remember the default password is '12341234'

Attachments

• WiFi_Reset.jpg
    WiFi_Reset.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 449
I just tried that and the same thing, camera view for 10 seconds then right back to the activate screen.

I just tried that and the same thing, camera view for 10 seconds then right back to the activate screen.
Do you have another device like a smart phone to try since it has cellular and wifi at the same time?

I can completely understand your frustration. Have you tried killing all other background apps? Sorry,
I'm kinda reaching at straws at this point. It's hard to diagnose over a forum.

You might want to get the ball rolling with an e-mail to DJI... they might have a solution to your conundrum.
I'm sure more will chime in... until then, I'd get plan "b" in motion, and send off an e-mail.

Good luck!!

Already sent the email to dji and so far no solution that worked from them.
Thanks for trying.

I a similar problem with my p3s, I have a nexus 6p, would always freeze trying to register. Finally used my old iPad 2 to get it registered and then the 6p worked great for flying.

Try resetting the IMU and then reset the gimbal use the dji go app. It is very easy to perform. The IMU takes anywhere from 2 -15 Min depending on your connection. If you have questions try using this link:

Also, while your at it reset the gimbal

Also have you installed the upgrade on your drone and the controller?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl