Just a little Poll to get an idea of whats going on with the cracking issue

Have you had any cracks within the first

• 6 Months

• 12 Months

• I've had no cracks within the first year

• 3 Months

Results are only viewable after voting.
100+ flights, about 95 miles, no cracks. I've had my refurbished P4 for 5 months.

Technically my vote may throw off your poll depending on what you're looking for. I have no cracks yet....but can't say no cracks for 1 year.

Last edited:
Mine was replaced for a crack around the battery hole. It was about 9 months old, but barely in warranty since it was replaced at 3 months old for the yoyo issue.

I'll cast my poll vote later since Phantompilots Android app doesn't allow it.

Cracked 7+ months after purchase. Don't know the number of flights but it was less than 100 easy. Sent to dji and was sent replacement.

VOTED. Had to go to Safari to vote on web site. The Phantom IOS app shows no place or even indicates there is a poll.

Last edited:
5 months and less than 20 easy flights.

Still waiting for their top notch CS to get back to me after sending them my info this past Sunday..

No crashes or hard landings whatsoever but got 2 small cracks near motor after 1.5 months. Unbalanced props suspected.

wow, so unbalanced props would / could create a crack you think? There is a video from "Joey Drones" where he does a balance.

I think the cracks around the battery compartment are from people slamming in the battery. Don't attack. Just my opinion.
If you gently insert the battery and squeeze the top and bottom release buttons to fully seat it I don't think you'll experience cracks.
I wish that were true, I wouldn't have anything to worry about. I baby my P4 in all ways, including inserting the battery, yet mine cracked around the battery area at about 9mos old. I hand catch 90% of the time, never even scratched a prop in flight. I even balance my props with the Dubro balance jig. I personally think this problem is a plastics issue from DJI's vendor. Plastic molding is a science, not only from a mixture and temperature point of view when injecting the mold, but a curing time point of view. If it cools too quick and it's more brittle. Cooling too long, your volume yield is less. This points to a process problem in my book, since not all P4 owners are having the problem.

Reactions: Badaxed
I wish that were true, I wouldn't have anything to worry about. I baby my P4 in all ways, including inserting the battery, yet mine cracked around the battery area at about 9mos old. I hand catch 90% of the time, never even scratched a prop in flight. I even balance my props with the Dubro balance jig. I personally think this problem is a plastics issue from DJI's vendor. Plastic molding is a science, not only from a mixture and temperature point of view when injecting the mold, but a curing time point of view. If it cools too quick and it's more brittle. Cooling too long, your volume yield is less. This points to a process problem in my book, since not all P4 owners are having the problem.

yes, that makes sense...but such a PIA to return and get back another one.

wow, so unbalanced props would / could create a crack you think? There is a video from "Joey Drones" where he does a balance.

I found out that some of the props that I used were unbalanced using DuPro Balancer that I just bought. I'll see if there are more cracks after using already balanced props.

Small crack lower left of battery hole, never slammed my battery in or crashed and I can land very softly. Over 250 flights and more than 4,000,000 feet and almost 60 hours. My second glue repair using locktite 420 is holding so far (6 batteries worth). This bird flys' very well as the small crack doe's not affect flight.

I wonder how flying style impacts the risk of cracking. I have 160 flights and no cracks but I rarely fly in sport mode. I suspect sport mode involves more stress on the airframe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan