Jammed UV filter on P4

Reaction score
After a week of trying to get the UV filter off with varying methods suggested from here and YouTube, I have finally managed to remove it by using some WD40. There was a slight gap at one side of the glass so thought maybe it was that. Something I did not want to do but It came off so easy.
Also glad I bought the PolarPro filters and not waited for the DJI ones as the UV filter feels so cheap, even the glass falls out.
Can't believe DJI are charging £30 for a replacement UV!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree concerning WD-40 I just hope I don't have that problem with my P4. I had the same problem with P-3 Pro but one day after numerous try's I went over and lightly tried and it came right off I have no idea why because I had tried that before. They need to fix that.

My P4 UV filter was **** near falling off when I went to unscrew it the first time.

I had the same problem on my P3.

A drop of anti seize lubricant on the gap solved the problem.

it was a very small drop and then I cleaned the treads afterward to make sure it was clean.

When I fitted a DJI ND filter on my P4 I was surprised at the thread quality - really quite rough. Not sure whether that's the anodising on the filter or the lens.
Two things to keep in mind though:
1. don't over-tighten
2. when you remove the filter don't grip it tightly on the barrel, rather better to apply gentle pressure on the glass side (nitrile glove) and ease it off.

In another post another pilot had a good idea of running a pencil on a paper to accumulate the graphite then with a q-tip pick up some graphite and dry lube the threads. No chemicals, works great and you need very little.

Was such a pain in the butt to remove mine, eventually took a dremel to it, problem solved. The cut into the threads was even so it didnt effect the new filters at all.

Someone said this once in a YT video and it works excellent, not just on the DJI mount which granted is a weird thread.

When starting to tighten, turn left until you hear a minor click. That means you're on the thread and then you can start turning right.

Also, I am currently doing a little review/tutorial on the Polar Pro filters and I've been gathering some footage and something I've noticed is that, for me, they come off super easy if you grab both the part on the thread AND the part that turns (I guess that's only on some of them). The cinema series ones with the polarizers that can be turned. You need to turn by both or it can seem to get a little stuck. I just sort of figured that by accident but it helped me. I'll show it in the video. I hope to get it done and up pretty soon. I will say that I got some gorgeous footage using their filters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT