J-E-L-L-O

Reaction score
I received a Brand new P4P from DJI a week ago, after sending my Original in for shell cracks, receiving a horrible used one, this brand new p4p I noticed jello/Wavy water effect. At first I thought it was unbalanced props but it does this sitting idle with motors off. I can see it in the live video feed as well as recorded video. I tried doubling shutter speed, different resolutions. I really don't want to send it back, since last time was a stressful event to say the least. Plus this aircraft flies so fluid. It takes beautiful pictures, which I use it for 90 percent of the time. With that being said, it still leaves a bad taste. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? I read ND Filters might help? But which One? Maybe I'm just better off dealing with it? Thanks for any suggestions.
f82a55386fb64ec97ffb58a9c9e1d92b.jpg

It should take non jelly video without filters. There is obviously something wrong and if I were you, I would return it. I know its stressful but it might be less so than being stressed out by owning a machine that will be wrong as long as you own it.

My opinion. Good luck.

It should take non jelly video without filters. There is obviously something wrong and if I were you, I would return it. I know its stressful but it might be less so than being stressed out by owning a machine that will be wrong as long as you own it.

My opinion. Good luck.
You are right.
Thats what my conscious keeps telling me, in the voice of Bill Cosby. ;)

I'm just in fear of getting a machine that is worse off, even though I know not to live in the "what ifs". When will this Dji Nightmare end?

I'm pretty sure the gimbal motors are causing it, too much vibration.
I think I'll open up a case today. Thank you.

Reactions: deltamike
Keep at it. It HAS to work out in the end. If you e-mail them at any time send a link to this thread. That should buck their ideas up.

Last edited:
KingDad, you have the worse luck. You definitely need to stay away from Las Vegas pal.

This is why I always recommend buying local, at an Apple store, or a Best Buy. The return and exchange privilege gives peace of mind. P4P's have a very bad "out of box" quality problem, as they are very complex flying cameras, and DJI doesn't do individual testing before they box them (I would bet $100 on that), obvious from the high fail rate. If you get a good one, they're awesome.

When I bought my P4P in May it had a gimble hum and vibration, but it took me a whole month to find out that it occurs only when the craft is tilted left at about 20 degrees. In other other words, if you're in a 15mph wind, blowing from the left of the craft, you'd see jello during a hover. This was easily duplicated with no props, craft turned on, then pick up the craft and tilt the craft left, right, forward, backward, and listen for hum (vibrations) from the gimbal. When you hear the hum you can touch the camera and easily feel the vibration that causes the jello.

At one month old, past the exchange period of 2wks with Best Buy, I sent my P4P craft to DJI and got a brand new craft back 2wks later. It's been working good.

When you get your P4P back from DJI, you can go through a validation process with these tips I've put together.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingDad1985
KingDad, you have the worse luck. You definitely need to stay away from Las Vegas pal.

This is why I always recommend buying local, at an Apple store, or a Best Buy. The return and exchange privilege gives peace of mind. P4P's have a very bad "out of box" quality problem, as they are very complex flying cameras, and DJI doesn't do individual testing before they box them (I would bet $100 on that), obvious from the high fail rate. If you get a good one, they're awesome.

When I bought my P4P in May it had a gimble hum and vibration, but it took me a whole month to find out that it occurs only when the craft is tilted left at about 20 degrees. In other other words, if you're in a 15mph wind, blowing from the left of the craft, you'd see jello during a hover. This was easily duplicated with no props, craft turned on, then pick up the craft and tilt the craft left, right, forward, backward, and listen for hum (vibrations) from the gimbal. When you hear the hum you can touch the camera and easily feel the vibration that causes the jello.

At one month old, past the exchange period of 2wks with Best Buy, I sent my P4P craft to DJI and got a brand new craft back 2wks later. It's been working good.

When you get your P4P back from DJI, you can go through a validation process with these tips I've put together.
Yes. I have had bad luck man. Hahaha. Vegas! ;) I love Vegas! But, I see your point. I think I need to invest in a Lucky Rabbits Foot or something! ;)
Thank You for the validation tips! Very helpful! I will definitely use

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18