itelite Signal Degradation

Reaction score
I'm dismayed at the results of my first distance flight. Watch video and observe RC and Lightbridge signals. This is just over 3/4 miles distance @ 98ft altitude over a flat field @ coordinates 26.135883, -80.432222. I forgot to cache the map before going into airplane mode on my Galaxy Note 4.

All while keeping the antennae pointed directly at the AC (mostly due to being freaking nervous).

Any feedback welcomed?

I had read a few places that this particular setup yielded great results with not so much as a bar loss in signal at great distances. Is this something to be concerned with?

Anyone?

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

Perhaps it was something in the install. I followed this guide and I laid my wires over just like he does. I notice others taking more twisty routes.

After reading around on the forums about LOS and radio TX, someone posted this:

"If you were to tie a string from your RC to your AC, would the string hit anything?" If so, then you would have an obstruction. I can't recall who stated this to give them credit. But this got me thinking.

While I planned my way points carefully I failed to take into account that the total distance from my AC to RC required greater altitude.

3/4 mile out required more than 100 feet off the deck. The further out you go, the greater an altitude needed to maintain TX LOS.

I will need to experiment with this to confirm my findings.

P.S.

First ever thread that I've created where I post and answer myself. [emoji16]

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

Did you ever figure out the problem? I seem to be having the same issue with P3P after DBS mod. I just tried the maxx range antenna, and it seems worse. Cuts out then comes back instantaneously strong (video). Same position, etc. My connections seems good. Perhaps it were trees 60 yards in front of me moving in the wind? Not sure.

No, not yet. My last test was at altitude of 200ft. Same results. I keep flying the same way point mission. Next rest is at 400ft. We'll see how it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl