Itelite dbs

Yeah Im a stickler for Power so far the DBS is quite adequate for my needs I only fly my property a couple times a month so just cant justify the expense of boosters. the land is flay and almost no trees of any size so signal there is pretty solid. I've had only a few issues in the urban areas I fly mostly since installing the DBS its getting the job done for the most part. As I expand my flight area we will see how it goes. there are a few spots Id like to fly, but strong interference issues are the norm there. I suspect boosting would help that. my normal flight distance is around 800ft I can still see the bird out to 2500, but soon as I take my eyes off it to see the screen I have a hard time finding it again.

video connection problems at 300m,with argktek (heavy wifi town)
with itelite easy 800m ,and more to go

for me having the best connection possible no matter if I'm 1 foot or 7k feet is the ultimate goal.
Same here. I installed the argtek last week and finally just tested the distance over a few farms. 1.5 miles. I could have gone farther but didn't feel like pushing my luck. Never lost video. I don't need to go that far on a regular basis. Just wanted to know if I could.

Same here. I installed the argtek last week and finally just tested the distance over a few farms. 1.5 miles. I could have gone farther but didn't feel like pushing my luck. Never lost video. I don't need to go that far on a regular basis. Just wanted to know if I could.
yep I have the argtek on my standard but also have the DBS for it I fly the argtek for general flight and the DBS when I need more power to punch through wifi interference the Argtek is a much lighter set up and I can point the antenna to fly directly overhead the DBS cant do that so I have to keep it pointed up which usually means putting the controller higher then my head to see my screen. that will wear you out fast

yep I have the argtek on my standard but also have the DBS for it I fly the argtek for general flight and the DBS when I need more power to punch through wifi interference the Argtek is a much lighter set up and I can point the antenna to fly directly overhead the DBS cant do that so I have to keep it pointed up which usually means putting the controller higher then my head to see my screen. that will wear you out fast
I'm finding the DBS only looks straight ahead, so I have to keep it pointed right at the AC. Yesterday I lost connection at just over 300 feet distance. I let the RTH play out (my first) but when I got home I noticed the panel was angled too high; the way it gets stored in my case. The flight log indicated strong signal the entire time. No warning whatsoever, it just cut out. I'm not flying again without my pre-flight check list. Too many things to go wrong, including having your antenna pointed up at the sky and not down range at the drone.

Curious..In the above video,on the RC just under the antenna,what is the white square thing with port 2 and 3 plugged in to it.Is that some kind of booster..

This test is with a P2V+, of course. That square thing is what DJI called a "range extender" which is actually what holds the wifi transceivers and antennas (Chuck modded it to send the signal out to the ITELITE). When DJI designed the P3S, they put the transceivers and antennas inside the main controller. So no, it's not a booster of any kind. The P2 series wifi transceiver actually has less power than a P3S wifi transceiver - which means a P3S pilot with a similar setup, unboosted, should be getting better side to side range than what you see in this video regarding both the 2.4 and 5.8 range. In other words, one should be getting significantly better than 300 feet. The pilot may have a poor connection at the ufl, or maybe a kinked or damaged cable... but it's not likely the problem is the antenna. And yes, we're talking about the 5.8 control signal regarding distance and the RTH problem. Your question regarding the range extender in the vid is in regards to the 2.4 FPV signal. If the pilot knows which of the two connections he's losing, that would help diagnose the problem. In other words, is he losing FPV and manually invoking RTH, or is it just RTHing on its own?

Last edited:
I'm finding the DBS only looks straight ahead, so I have to keep it pointed right at the AC. Yesterday I lost connection at just over 300 feet distance. I let the RTH play out (my first) but when I got home I noticed the panel was angled too high; the way it gets stored in my case. The flight log indicated strong signal the entire time. No warning whatsoever, it just cut out. I'm not flying again without my pre-flight check list. Too many things to go wrong, including having your antenna pointed up at the sky and not down range at the drone.
Mine does the same thing its a directional device so makes sense that it would. when I'm holding the remote its pointed slightly upward once I get out to 700-800 Feet have to start raising it to point more at my AC or I start getting the weak signal message at 2K feet I have to make sure I'm pointing it more accurately in the direction of the AC all the time and at 7K the farthest I ever go my property I have to be holding nearly perfectly still to keep my connection but its in and out the whole time at that range lucky for me I don't fly that far often as I prefer to stay line of sight. However when I get overhead with the AC I have to point that antenna up I'm not getting a signal like the video posted shows once I'm up 100feet I have to point toward the AC or I get a greyed out screen and disconnected message. do you have an adjustable Bracket on your DBS Mine is solid and metal no adjustment at all I'm considering 3D printing a Hinge that will allow it to pivot up that would allow me to turn it straight up or pivot it towards my drone while keeping my RC in a comfortable slight angled up position at the end of my neck strap.

Mine does the same thing its a directional device so makes sense that it would. when I'm holding the remote its pointed slightly upward once I get out to 700-800 Feet have to start raising it to point more at my AC or I start getting the weak signal message at 2K feet I have to make sure I'm pointing it more accurately in the direction of the AC all the time and at 7K the farthest I ever go my property I have to be holding nearly perfectly still to keep my connection but its in and out the whole time at that range lucky for me I don't fly that far often as I prefer to stay line of sight. However when I get overhead with the AC I have to point that antenna up I'm not getting a signal like the video posted shows once I'm up 100feet I have to point toward the AC or I get a greyed out screen and disconnected message. do you have an adjustable Bracket on your DBS Mine is solid and metal no adjustment at all I'm considering 3D printing a Hinge that will allow it to pivot up that would allow me to turn it straight up or pivot it towards my drone while keeping my RC in a comfortable slight angled up position at the end of my neck strap.
I'm amazed these things can transmit that far. Don't know that much about Wi-Fi but obviously people are sending these out quite a ways. I stay close to home with mine and only purchased the DBS (and a secondary RC) to beef it up as much as possible. I found a vacant lot not too far from my house where I could probably send it out up to 1,000 feet without flying over any residential streets.

And yes, my DBS is adjustable using my P3S remote. I have the ItElite DBS 1.4. It slides up and down so I can aim/angle it about 45 degrees up or just plain straight ahead. Just for fun last night I placed the AC on top of the trash bin and then walked down to the end of the street with the RC. I aimed the RC in different directions to see what would happen. The only time it lost signal was when I pointed it in the opposite direction.

Reactions: epicdoom
I'm amazed these things can transmit that far. Don't know that much about Wi-Fi but obviously people are sending these out quite a ways. I stay close to home with mine and only purchased the DBS (and a secondary RC) to beef it up as much as possible. I found a vacant lot not too far from my house where I could probably send it out up to 1,000 feet without flying over any residential streets.

And yes, my DBS is adjustable using my P3S remote. I have the ItElite DBS 1.4. It slides up and down so I can aim/angle it about 45 degrees up or just plain straight ahead. Just for fun last night I placed the AC on top of the trash bin and then walked down to the end of the street with the RC. I aimed the RC in different directions to see what would happen. The only time it lost signal was when I pointed it in the opposite direction.
they definitely have some ability to work without directly pointed at the AC I loose that at 700-800ft and have to be pointed more directly where I have the most issue is straight up overhead. I don't spend a lot of time directly overhead so not really that big of a deal. other then that I really like the DBS like I said I also fly most in line of sight. out to that distance 2k feet I have an amazingly strong signal as long as I'm pointed at the AC even at 7k I'm holding a good signal its just hard to maintain a good direct pointing hold at that range. I suspect if I could see it out there it would make it a bit easier.

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor