ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

One week would be quick for shipping from U.S. to international end users... itelite said 7 to 14 days and a lot are already starting to show up so you are right inside the bubble right now... it'll come soon bro... (I know... I hate waiting for my China eBay orders too)

Good morning:
I know this is no world record but I went straight out to 5000 feet before my screen said max limit reached on a copter I have never pushed for distance. The panel was rock solid to that distance. Expect honest reviews from me in the near future

Jim F

Reactions: Brent10
One week would be quick for shipping from U.S. to international end users... itelite said 7 to 14 days and a lot are already starting to show up so you are right inside the bubble right now... it'll come soon bro... (I know... I hate waiting for my China eBay orders too)
I've ordered & Paid for a copperfoil shield from the member( robinb ,with cat avatar ) 18 days ago to come from Spain to Australia & I Paid for additional urgent Postage & still Nothing! But on the other hand I've received lots of male from the UK non urgent & normally gets here within a week,,, that's life I suppose when your not in a rush for something it's there & vice versa ,,lol

Yesterday, I did the "$10 mod" and moved my internal 2.4 GHz antennas to the front and rear positions. I got some extra distance in my usual flying area, covered in trees... About an extra 100 yards.
The soldering of the new antenna cable to the rear antenna proved to be difficult. I expected (wrongly) just plugging the cable in. But it seems to have worked out.
I'm going to go out to the lake shore later to see how it compares.
Nonetheless, the itelite antenna and the $10 mod will be it for me for my distance endeavors. It's far enough for me and my battery anxiety.... And it fits into my Tradecraft case perfectly.

itelite DBS inspire 1 testing phase 1 complete...

Just a "feeling out" phase today to get used to the battery characteristics etc...

Did pretty well so far... look at the distance... and look at the signal strength. :cool:
There's a lot left in this little baby. ;)
11169578_10206680851889719_5442219354869087980_o.jpg

And just to provide solid facts about the "directional characteristics" of the itelite DBS series of antennas... we did a little testing on that too... the proof is in the video... not the unsubstantiated rumors :mad:

I remounted the panel as above directly onto the extender.
Though I have my cables coming out of the base.
I did find also the stainless bracket was starting to rub off the label on the extender. (with I guess the important mac address).

It also fits neatly into my padded backpack, similar to those shown.
DSCF4174.JPG
DSCF4175.JPG

Reactions: DBS
That looks great. I have not had a big problem with aiming the antenna at my vision+ either. Can't wait to see the results you get out of the p3 when you get it.

Just a "feeling out" phase today to get used to the battery characteristics etc...

Did pretty well so far... look at the distance... and look at the signal strength. :cool:

And just to provide solid facts about the "directional characteristics" of the itelite DBS series of antennas... we did a little testing on that too... the proof is in the video... not the unsubstantiated rumors :mad:

Yup, saw that with my own eyes this morning and it was incredible. Now i'm leaning towards the Inspire versus the Solo.

Yup, saw that with my own eyes this morning and it was incredible. Now i'm leaning towards the Inspire versus the Solo.

Judging by what I've seen from 3DR... the Solo will never have the range capabilities that we are getting with lightbridge... BUT... that being said... they will have a host of user friendly features that are quite appealing for the tech-minded end user... well thought out app and control features.

You might be right. I have a 3DR on order and probably will be ordering a P3 for distance stuff. Cant be without a 2 mile drone in the hanger :)

I did a full test with mine this AM and I lose video but still have control over the bird... Can someone please tell me what this 10 dollar MOD is? Or just point me in the direction of gaining distance with the video feed? This antenna did increase my distance by a good 1500 feet but that's when I lose video and don't fly any further flying blind. All I need is just a little bit more on the video,I just want to reach 1 mile (5280 feet)

Thank you
Goat
IMG_0119.PNG

DBS, just out of curiosity...has anyone done this type of test with a stock Vision 2 plus? This is incredible!!!

BTW and just as an FYI, I ordered a new wifi extender today. I'm looking forward to that getting me additional distance- I seriously believe you are correct about my weak wifi signal being an issue with my extender. Cheers!!

I did a full test with mine this AM and I lose video but still have control over the bird... Can someone please tell me what this 10 dollar MOD is? Or just point me in the direction of gaining distance with the video feed? This antenna did increase my distance by a good 1500 feet but that's when I lose video and don't fly any further flying blind. All I need is just a little bit more on the video,I just want to reach 1 mile (5280 feet)

Thank you
GoatView attachment 17820

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor